Walmart Money Card - Visa Prepaid Card Through Ge Money Bank And Green Dot Corp / put unauthorized hold on account and a cant get reps on phone

United States Review updated:

I have been using my walmart money card for about 2 years. It has been very nice and convient. The fees were even better than a banks. But I did not authorize a transaction and they charged it. I called to get it credited back on my account and they told me much like the others I see I had to wait 10 days. I stupidly get my check direct deposited on this account and they have placed a hold on the account. So I have NO access to my money. now when I try and call customer service it will not let get through to a LIVE person. It keeps telling me that my account is not found. Please dont make the same mistakes that I did. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Comments

• Ge
      20th of Mar, 2012

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account and would like to help. The prepaid WalMart card is managed by Green Dot.

Please email them at customer.[protected]@greendotcorp.com your name and contact information. They will research this matter and assist.

Regards,
    Nicole
    GE Capital

• De
      2nd of May, 2012

The complaint number for Green Dot is a Phillippine phone bank. When you call and make a complaint about stolen money, they say 'hold on for corporate offices', and hang up the phone. Someone at a local merchant skimmed the numbers from my daughters moneycard, and we caught it 14 hours later. I called the Walmart Money Card number, they claimed everything was OK, and the money would be put back on my account, and the transaction cancelled. I immediately filed a police report, notified the merchant (who told me it was a large Hispanic gentleman using multiple cards to make a large purchase, my daughter is small and white, and the card was in our home). I found that a week later, Green Dot /Walmart Money had AGAIN transferred the amount to the merchant, after the police report was filed, after the merchant was notified, and after I had been told on the phone by Green Dot/Walmart everything was fine. Now they will not take my calls, refuse to transfer me to a supervisor (I don't think they have one, just a few people in a call center in a slum part of Manila) and I am left in the cold for $300. There is NO security when you use this card, and YOU WILL lose your money.