Wal - Mart Pharmacy / fraudulent company

I called today to have my husbands prescription filled that was faxed to that pharmacy a while a go and I was quite rudely informed that they would not allow us to pick up any prescriptions for anyone in my family because I supposedly owe them $16. In January of '09 I had a RX filled that the Dr. wrote for 3 a day. I have had this for over 2 years and Target, Albertsons have never had a problem with my insurance so suddenly Walmart has this big problem filling the 3 a day that was written and only filled for 2 a day and told me I had to wait 20 days to get the other 10 day supply, which I did and moved on. Then the next month I went to Target to fill the same prescription. When I picked it up, they said Walmart had messed it up and the insurance wouldn't cover it for another 20 days so I explained the situation from last month and the pharmacist from Target had to call Walmart and sit on hold for 45 min. then she walked them through how to fix it and the insurance covered it with no problem for the full month. Now, in March, I called to have my husbands prescription filled because his Dr.'s office called it into Walmart. I was told that they would not fill any prescriptions for anyone in my family because I owed them some sort of $16 rebill and when I asked her to explain what that was about, she just talked in circles and blew me off. In the meantime I have to wait for my Dr or insurance to fix this due to financial difficulties at this time in our lives. Is thia even legal?

Al

Comments

• Op
      22nd of Aug, 2010

Phone 1-800-WALMART. They will investigate your complaint. Something does not sound right about the situation, especially the $16 due to somekind of reversal. Not allowing you to pick up rx's seems because you owe(may owe) some money is not proper Wal-Mart procedure. Again, phone 1-800- WALMART. This sounds like a problem with the pharmacy manager. Your complaint will be investigated and the district manager will get to the bottom of it. He will get the mess straight and someone will call you back. It is not a matter of Wal-Mart being a fraudulent company. It is a matter of someone not operating the pharmacy properly. Wal-Mart has policies and procedures for most everything. And, I can assure you, they have no policy to prevent you from picking up meds because of a supposedly owing some money.