Wachovia Bank / scam and fraud!

Phone: 506-855-2478

I was on the Wachovia website wanting to give positive feedback to a Wachovia Employee. I found on the Wachovia website which stated the following. Senior staff members may not need quite so much praise and encouragement over learning new skills, but they emphatically do need praise and encouragement for their effort and commitment. Most employees, and indeed most bosses, feel that they do not get enough meaningful positive feedback. Everyone would benefit greatly from more thoughtful and clear interactions of this kind. Here is the link. Toward bottom of page.

I called Wachovia to give a District Manager a positive employee performance appraisal. I only have a free checking account so I only get 2 free 'ACCOUNT INQ PERSON TO PERSON' calls per month. Each additional one is $2

Banking Definitions - http://www.allbusiness.com/glossaries/banking/4941812-1.html
Definition of Account Inquiry - request for a copy of an individual's account history.
Definition of account history - summary of a deposit account's activity, including interest earned, during a particular period.

This call had nothing to do with an ACCOUNT INQ yet I am charged $2 for this. I feel good about what I did and was also told this appraisal would go to the president of Wachovia.

But being charged $2 for this? Do I feel ripped off? Absolutely!

Va

Comments

• Pa
      27th of Feb, 2008

I opened a free checking account with Wachovia last year. It says there's no minimum required and no fees. I was told that I can check my bank activities online. So download my transactions as I do my other banks. I moved some money to my other banks and then I found I got a service fees of $5.95, which made my account overdrawn. Since it was less than a dolloar, I didn't persist on waiting after an hour of being on hold on the phone.... A statement came after that saying that I got charged $5.95 again. And when I finally got through to someone, they said I had used their service to download to my Quickens, and therefore I need to pay for it, and it is automatically billed every month. I absolutely do not recall having agreed to pay for such service, as my other banks don't charge for that. Wachovia's reply was that Bof A does! How do I feel? Either there's some fine print that I didn't read when I click the download page, or they are set up to purposefully deceive you! And get this, I told them I'd like to close the account, I was told that I'd have to pay the balance. A statement came after that, and I was charged another $40 since Wachovia had closed my account for it being overdrawn. OVERDRAWN BY WHOM? I feel like Wachovia is ripping me off 3 times!

A few days later, I got a statement for collecting debt, with Wachovia being the creditor! I called Wachovia today saying that I did not authorize to have my account closed, I was transfered to another line, and then put on hold, with a message saying how important your call is to them, and an agent will be with you shortly- I waited and waited, then half an hour past. I put it on speakerphone, so I could do some dishes, I then cleaned the kitchen, and responded to all my 12 emails. Still, I was on hold... 'our agents are busy assisting other customers'.... 'your call is very important to us'... It was almost 3 hours, until I suppose their recording when out. Such GREAT customer service!

So I'm telling everyone now, stay away from Wachovia. If there's a class action sue against them, count me in.