Vons / vons gas station, foothill blvd., upland

Regarding Vons Gas Station on Foothill Blvd., Upland.
I was at this gas station on Monday, 5/30/18 at around 5:00 p.m. Cashier was a man, white, approximately 30 yrs. old with Brown short hair.
At this gas station, the cashier is in an enclosed glass shed/box. I placed $30 in a small plastic bowl in slider. The little door closes and cashier slides money towards him and I mention $25.00 on pump #1. I had to tell him the pump number three different times for some reason? I guess because he's in a glass enclosed box and could not hear me? I looked at pump to make sure that was the correct number. (First time at station.) Then he says, you only gave me "two tens". Now, because I was in the state of mind that I wasn't sure about the pump number, I started second guessing myself about the amount I put down, so I believed him, for that second. But I know I gave him $30 because when I was walking towards the cashier to pay, I arranged my money and placed the $20 underneath the $10 (OCD). Because he's the only one in the "box" and customer does not have eye on the money once slider door closes to confirm, it's his word against mine. I was about to ask for my money back but then it occurred to me, he could easily switch money without me noticing because I am on the other side of the window and don't have a good view of drawer. Not the same as going in a convenience store. Wanted to bring to your attention to possibly check your security cameras if you have one in the box for this transaction to see what really occurred. If this guy is a crook, can you imagine the amount of cash he takes home after his shift.
Thank you for your time.

• Updated by Elizabeth Thornhill, May 31, 2018

Correction on date...I was there on Monday, 5/28/18 at 5:00 p.m.

El