Vonage / Rip Off, Cancellation Fee, Over charges

1 1Lakewood, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: (866) 243-4357

Voice quality terrible, can not be used for faxing at any speed, customer support horrible. Simply put avoid Vonage at all expense. Never told me about a two year contract and cancellation fee and hit me with a $80 cancellation fee which I am fighting now and will not honor. Had leave message on answering machine at the company headquarters, could not get to a live person no matter what. Customer service will do anything to keep you going as a customer, don't get sucked in.

Comments

An
  13th of Mar, 2009

Buyer Beware!! I've just canceled my Vonage service which I haven't used. I paid $50 for the activation fee that's after the "first month free" advertised back in Dec 2008. And I have been paying the $28.77 for 2 months after that. Now that I want to disconnect the line. They're charging me $110. Why? Cause the representative says she has to charge the $39.99 disconnect fee AND the "applicable recovery fee on section 8.8 from the TOS" which equals to the $70 rebate they gave me on the modem. I offered to return the modem, but they don't want it back. I've read many many complaints about Vonage (only after signing up to their service, stupid me!) and realized I was in for a painful scam. I was ready for the $39.99 mentioned everywhere but not the $70 for "recovery fee" which the representative admits could be anything, depending on what they give as promo to signing up the service. So buyer beware! The cheaper you think you're getting from Vonage, you'll pay it ALL back when you want to part ways with them!