Vonage / SCAM VONAGE FEES - DO NOT BELIEVE THEM
Few items to consider before you sign up "without contract"
1. Your $24.99 plan is more like $36.99 - they (similar to the people they criticize such as ATT and Verizon) charge all the fees and taxes and forget to mention how much it is going to be. So if you are paying your phone company $40 bills for your phone service - this is exactly what you will be paying with Vonage.
2. "No Contract" means that is you cancel before the end of a full year - they will charge you $80 for the crappy device they sent you and $40 for canceling the account. After 1 year they will charge you "only" $40 to cancel.
3. Their outsourced customer service department is always a "pleasure" to deal with. Similar to what Dell was before they moved some of their reps to US. You feel like you are talking to a robot that keeps repeating the same sentence no matter what you ask them.
All in all - no different from any other telco - so the question is WHY GO THRU THE TROUBLE OF SWITCHING?
Let's recap - same price, same features, same crappy customer service, contract or I guess a virtual contract...hmmm...
More Vonage Complaints & Reviews
- Vonage - Scam and fraud! 
- Vonage Home Service - Terrible customer service 
- Vonage World Calling Plan - Unlimited International = 3000 minutes 
- Vonage Phone Service - telephone service 
- Vonage - Fraud 
- Vonage - world plan and cancellation process
- Vonage - rebate never came even 18 months later still trying 
- Vonage - deceitful customer service
- Vonage - poor customer service and refund policy
- Vonage - cancelling service.