Virgin Mobile / cold calling
Richard Beck [protected]
Recently I was cold called with the intention of getting me on to a new contract. I'm sorry that it has taken a while to complain but firstly I've been very busy and secondly I've been thinking about whether an attempt was made to dupe me. I have decided that I'm not happy about virgin sales team continuing to try to get me to agree to a contract change that I didn't want.
I said that I was happy to go through with the change dog contract for my wife's sim provided that it didn't cost me any more money. The salesman assured me that there would not be any increase in the cost. He said that he would need to do a credit check, I asked why, as there wasn't going to be any increase in costs, and he said that it was due to it being a new contract. I agreed to the check being made PROVIDED that the costs would not increase. The check was successful and he then read out the legal stuff which included the increased costs. I challenged him about the increase and after a short exchange I said I wasn't prepared to make the change.
I now have had a hit on my credit rating and your salesman is off trying to dupe someone else.
Please review the recorded exchange between ourselves and you will see just what a scammer he was.
I'm displeased that Virgin using these tactics disregarding customer's wishes as I had always thought that Richard Branson, and therefore his companies, were honourable.
More Virgin Mobile Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Virgin Mobile - total rip off 
- Virgin Mobile - scam 
- Virgin Mobile USA - virgin mobile usa - customer service is a joke! 
- Virgin Mobile - somebody changed number & vkey on my account! 
- Virgin Mobile Usa-cell Phone - partial service for full payment 
- Virgin Mobile - customer service
- Virgin Mobile - virgin mobile doesn't refund me the credit in my account
- Virgin Mobile USA - cell phone
- Virgin Mobile UAE - my sim plan is not activated
- Virgin Mobile - im having trouble with cancelling my phone service