[Resolved] Viking River Cruises2018 grand european tour booking #5247277 oct. 16, 2018

November 26, 2018
Viking Cruise Line
Customer Complaint Department
[protected]@vrc.com (this email did not work)

This is a short and sweet communication regarding a long and disappointing "Bus Tour with Floating Hotels". My 84 year old mother and my 63 year old self booked the 2018 Grand European Tour with Viking four weeks before departure Oct. 16 2018. We were in the process of booking for 2019 but my mother decided at 84 her mobility and life expectancy could change quickly, so we decided to sail 2018. Excitement in the air! She has traveled the Rhine area many times before and looked forward to sharing the experience with me.

What we didn't expect:

• Four ships transfers
• Three bus transfers
• Booked Ship VE - 4days/3 nights only out of 15 days
• Numerous staff changes
• Special Dietary requirements hit and missed with each transfer.
• Mobility issues
• Limited balcony access
• Lack of privacy numerous times from our Balcony (another ship serving breakfast, staterooms exposed to other ships staterooms, we could shake hands. What a view!)
• Missed port

And at one point a substituted Middle Rhine River Cruise cut short creating a fiasco of a day. Town of Koblenz was missed and the Marksburg Castle was to demanding for my mother. Disappointment was to say the least… This was the main reason for the trip! My mother felt cheated, this is what she wanted to share with me the most.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Lodi, CA Our third bus trip to Cologne was further taking the joy out of the trip, we couldn't get on the ship till 4:30pm and by that time my mother was going downhill fast along with me. We sat at a coffee shop waiting for the bus to take us to the ship. Excitement about the trip was gone, tired from the changes, and disappointment had set in. We stayed on the ship for the next two days till we landed in Amsterdam. When we disembarked my mother saw the new group coming on weary from travel, experiencing mobility issues and it broke her heart. She wanted to yell "Stop, don't get on this ship to Hell".

We appreciated the heads up about the first transfer and the willingness of staff to meet our daily needs. But our biggest disappointment was Vikings intent to NOT disclose that numerous changing of ships used on a tour was a normal operation since the end of August. Again, we booked four weeks before departure. We should have been told. In California we have also experienced drought conditions. We were told a rain would help the condition. As I looked at the water table as we cruised, the fix for that condition was an another season, not another rain as we were lead to believe.

Regarding the 25% off on another cruise is a flawed system. My mother paid for the whole trip and felt the 25% should be transferable so she could use it. I agree. We would like to discuss a reasonable compensation for this "Bus Tour & Floating Hotel" experience that we never signed up for. Please contact Gwen Bender at [protected] or Cherie Harth at([protected].

In Good Faith
Cherie Harth

• Resolution statement

• Viking River Cruises Customer Care's Response, Nov 27, 2018

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, Ms. Harth. Our records indicate that we are in receipt of your email message, and a Customer Relations agent has been assigned to contact you to discuss your comments. We appreciate your patience and look forward to connecting.

Ch