Version Wireless and Asurion Insurance / service and insurance

1 GA, United States Review updated:

The only thing great about Version Wireless is their coverage.

Customer Service is very very poor especial their stores. They lie more then a used car salesman. If you plan on doing one of their long term contracts you better get it writing take it home read it, RESEARCH THE FACTS online, and understand it. Luckily I got my phone threw my employer and their customer service was very good. Even they acknowledge the Version stores lie allot. Unfortunately when you have billing problems or any other problems Version online gives you the major runaround and their stores just flat out lie.

Asurion Insurance is a major ripe off. You pay so much a month and then $50 fee and they send a rebuilt substandard phone that breaks in less then two months. When you contact Version Wireless and Asurion about the problems they pretty much tell you to pay another $50 or go to hell. I know so many people who have had these problems. I guess Version Wireless and Asurion think their too big to fail.

Unfortunately AT&T, T-Mobile has similar problems. I hear good things about Alltel but they don’t cover my area. I recommend getting your phone from BestBuy and avoid contracts and fake insurance.

Tr

Comments

• Ca
      14th of Jul, 2009

I “had” been an Alltel customer since 1996. Just last month I paid the early termination just to wash my hands of these crooks. Starting with non-existent rebates, lies and deception; the final straw was the “smart phone” they sold me did not work. Alltel’s solution was to periodically remove and replace the battery and would NOT exchange the phone as “there was no problem and was considered normal.” After 60 days the phone died completely. Alltel informed me that I would have to purchase another phone at full price. I had insurance from day one on my account and when I wanted to use it to replace the phone I was informed “under Verizon’s new policy” I could not use my insurance as it was a known manufacturer defect. Basically I was SOL and customer service was down-right rude about the entire situation. Weighing the cost of over $250 to replace the phone vs $200 to terminate, I went to AT&T and washed my hands of these criminals. I suggest you contact the “Stock Holders” of Verizon via the boards (VZ). There is no customer service and those who are investing need to know the dirty tactics of this company.