Verizon Wireless / consumer fraud
October 2, 2009 – 4:50 PM EST – WWW.verizonwireless.com (called customer support)
I bought my cell phone through Verizon Wireless two years ago and went online today to use "New Every Two" and upgrade to a new Verizon Wireless cell phone. When this option did not appear for me, I call Verizon Wireless Customer Service and was told that my phone number was not the primary phone number and that even if I changed the primary number today, I would have to wait 20 months before I can upgrade my phone using “New Every Two”. In March of this year I changed the account name from my wife's name to my name. I was assured that there would be no additional charges or affects of this change. I was not told that my phone would not be eligible for "New Every Two". I upgraded the phones for my wife and daughter prior to this change. I did not choose the primary number when I changed the the name on the account and assumed that since the account would be changed to my name, that my phone number would be the new primary phone number on the account. I have a wireless card for my PC that is also two years old and I had planned to retire in December. If I had been told that my making a simple name change on the account, I would face this kind of financial risk, I would never have made these changes. Today I asked what it would cost to close my account (all four phone units) it would cost me $580. This is because my two year agreement was set to zero when I change the primary name on the account from my wife’s name to my name. This is unscrupulous, deceptive and fraudulent representation and should not go unpunished. While I can afford to eat these costs, most people today, cannot. I ask for fair consumer protection from the practices of Verizon Wireless. Can you help me?
More Verizon Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - verizon wireless duplicate/stolen payment 
- Verizon Communications - bill increase without notification & lying customer representatives
- Verizon Communications - incorrect billing 
- Verizon Communications - service
- Verizon Communications - phone turned off when payment was made timely.