Verizon Wireless / coverage in panama country
On a Business trip from Miami to Panama (the Country) my evening flight landed just in time to allow me a call home in order to let my family know I arrived OK before they go to sleep. As soon as I was allowed turned my HTC2 from VZW ON and waited for the phone to sync with the first provider available in the area.
After some minutes (the aircraft was delayed in the runway) everybody around me finished their calls while my phone was still looking for signal. Once in the terminal the same thing, waited after Immigration and Customs and still the same condition in my phone, at that point I started to get concerned. On the taxi, on my way to the Hotel, the phone could not reach any party to sync with and 50 minutes after I landed I was at the Hotel Lobby still looking for a signal, in the mean time I did a reset of the phone for at least 4 times. At the end, I arrived to my room and finally gave up on my provider. Before somebody asks, the phone was NOT in Airplane mode.
The next day I tried again with same results, according to VZW coverage there is a great map indicating plenty of GSM coverage all the way from the Airport to where the Hotel "El Panama" is http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Global_Phone/Central-South_America/Panama.html.
I tried on the Phone settings changing the Mode of Operation from "Global" to "GSM/UMTS only" and also "CDMA" but the phone could not find a Service Partner.
At this point I had to alert all the people in my Team that I would not be available on my cell phone but unfortunately I can't prevent the Customers that try to reach me to feel disappointed for not been able to reach me.
More Verizon Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - fios business internet
- Verizon Communications - service technicians
- Verizon Communications - the worst not reliable company I have ever dealt with.
- Verizon Communications - liars & cheats
- Verizon Communications - billing and cust service