Verizon Wireless / forcing internet service on media phones
Verizon Wireless is forcing people to pay for internet service on certain phones.
Kids like the phones with touch screen and mp3 music, but they recently just added this charge. I upgraded one of my daughters phones to a Chocalate without the charge, two weeks later my other daughter wanted an LG Touch, we were told they added this new charge.
Sure they tell you up front there is a 10.00 charge but the usage is only 25mb. What can you do with 25mb a month?
They told me mobile email was free. when I went to download the email program it said it would charge $5.00-free with data packages. I wasn't sure if it would charge me so I went to verizon and a sales person said "Yes it would charge you but I wouldn't recommend using email because 25mb would be used up quick, you need the $30.00 package." I said "Then what good is it? I was forced to have $10.00 added to each phone, I can't afford adding $30.00 to each phone because I have 5 phones on my account."
He started stuttering and couldn't find any words to say then finally shook his head and said "Sorry sir" I thanked him for his help and walked out. I realize it's not the fault of the salesmen. I could tell he knew I was right and that it is wrong.
A few days before this happened it was in the news that Verizon lower its higher end package to $30.00 to be competetive but that part of the market is a small percentage.
So it apparent to me that they are making up the difference and then some by adding $10.00 to a larger percentage of their customers on a lower end.
Just another one of their money making schemes.
More Verizon Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon - fios
- Verizon Communications - no tech support for one week on company phone lines
- Verizon Communications - customer service 
- Verizon Communications - customer service representative lack of professionalism
- Verizon Communications - phone and internet