Verizon Wireless / overcharged
Earlier this evening I received a call from a Collections' Agency, something I have never in my life had the pleasure of receiving before. I have a mostly flawless credit report and have paid Verizon hundreds, likely in the thousands of dollars of billing each month for my wireless service that I had with them for the several years my contract was with them.
I canceled my contract after expiration and paid my last payment of $83.03 that they requested from me. Received a letter from them stating I can come back anytime (and was contemplating doing so as I liked their coverage better than my current plan). This was back in August or September. Today, Jan 26, 2009 I rec'd the phone call from a collection agency requesting a bill of $7.76 be paid.
I immediately contacted the Verizon Wireless customer service number on the last statement that I had paid back all those months ago with the balance of $83.03. Where they proceeded to tell me that Verizon has been sending me a bill every month until this past December for an outstanding $7.76 balance.
They are ruining my credit for a $7.76 balance for which I have not rec'd a bill for!! I am furious.
I ask them how I can immediately pay my bill and they tell me I need to contact the collection agency. I also ask them how they can possibly claim I rec'd a bill for $7.76 that I hadn't paid when I never had record of such a bill. Not once in all these months after service cancellation. They state they have sent me a monthly bill for this $7.76. C'mon now, after my payment history they are telling me I received bills I never paid. DOUBTFUL & UNLIKELY, I pay all my bills religiously. Am I late on occasion by several days? I am human but MONTHS OF AN UNPAID BILL is a ridiculous allegation by Verizon. Had I known I would have paid. Straight up simple.
How can a company lie blatantly to a former customer? I don't understand it...nor do I understand how I can possibly owe them any more money (but fine, whatever, I'll just pay for it at this point) when I shoveled out so much $ at the supposed end of my contract. I don't understand how something like this bogus (I assume as I don't even know what the charge is for) $7.76 charge affect my credit after paying faithfully on a bill for >3 years with no real late fee issues.
More Verizon Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - customer service representative lack of professionalism
- Verizon Communications - phone and internet
- Verizon Technical Support - technical problems unresolved 
- Verizon Fios - veterans/military discount
- Verizon Store - unethical behaviour