Verizon Wireless Broadband / usage issues
I purchased the Verizon Broadband service on 3/2/9 after being on Dialup for several years because other than the devil that is Comcast, no other highspeed is available in my area.
I was so impressed with the service, until we came to the last week of the billing cycle and noticed that the usage meter was 2-4 days behind. We knew we were close to going over, so we stopped using it and by the end of the cycle had accumulated 102 MB over the 5 GB allowance.
I was told by the sales rep after going through what we do, email, Facebook, the occasional YouTube video, and some mild website management, that 5 GB should be all I ever need.
Clearly that was wrong. After talking to 4 or 5 reps and asking for a call back from a manager twice, I finally was sent an email telling me how they don't really measure what you use, but glean information from your computer registry to obtain the information and that because I use it with two different user profiles on a desktop computer it complicates the data usage estimate process.
What a hunk of hooey!
Another lady sent me an email stating that I ought to be able to view about 37, 000 website and send/receive over a million pictures. I can promise you I don't use NEARLY that much.
The service is great, but the CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE! I love Verizon and have been with them for many years, but it's clear since I've requested a manager call back three times and have not YET received one that they know there's a problem and just don't want to deal with it.
So, watch your usage if you get their service.
More Verizon Wireless Broadband Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - wireless service/ lack of customer support
- Verizon Communications - jetpack
- Verizon - fios 
- Verizon Communications - no tech support for one week on company phone lines
- Verizon Communications - customer service