Verizon / scam billing!

1 Jersey City, NJ, United States Review updated:

I took fios internet and fios telephone service from verizon with two year agreement. I encountered problem one after the another. first one: there are offers going on online orders. I stay in john f kennedy blvd. if I use my address to search and order, my residence will not be listed in verizon site. I came to know that we have to use "jf kennedy blvd" and for jersey city I have to use "j cy".

Because of all this confusion with their system, I asked the customer service for details. the person at service desk also accepted the problem and offered to help me out. but I checked with him, and he confirms that I am eligible for all online offers even if I order thru phone. billing cycle for me is 16th of every month. I took connection on dec 22, 2007.

First month bill came: included all hidden charges. later I called customer service for about 4 times and 20 minutes each time to reverse the charges. this bill included all the charges till feb 16, 2008. I overpaid.

I moved to new location in the same street on jan 28, 2008. they confirmed that there won’t be any moving related charges. I received second bill till mar 16, 2008. summary of the bill is 8 page. erratic billing. I know that reaching verizon customer service is taboo, so I took off for office as I cannot speak for hours in office. billing department and customer service will be available only during weekdays and from morning 8 to 5pm.

For one month charge of $64.99 + taxes, I got bill for $144. later I came to know from customer representative that these are due to charges that I already paid. they charged from the date I moved to new location without considering that I already paid till end of next month.

I waited for 1 hour and 30 minutes to reverse the charges and then I decided to disconnect the service. I cannot spend every month hours to rectify the bill charges. when I connected to customer service, I directly asked for disconnection department. the account manager accepted the charges and reversed the amount totally.

This didn’t ended here, after reversing the charges, they put a note for disconnection to my internet on friday evening. I couldn’t connect to internet at 6:00pm, then when I inquired at customer service, to my surprise, my account is flagged for disconnection...

Later for the whole weekend, I left in house with our internet connection and as usual I called customer service on monday morning as usual, I was there in call for almost an hour in morning and get that resolved after creating new order.

I am very confident about verizon billing system that this is going to continue for coming months.

Comments

• Ge
      2nd of Aug, 2008

Experian refuses to investigate my inacccurate information to the highest standard. They have no signature on file, nor no proof of document on file. I am very distress since the have this item on my credit report. I am planning a class act action law suit. They ignore my complaint everytime I file a complaint.