Verizon / scam billing!

Jersey City, NJ, United States Review updated:
I took fios internet and fios telephone service from verizon with two year agreement. I encountered problem one after the another. first one: there are offers going on online orders. I stay in john f kennedy blvd. if I use my address to search and order, my residence will not be listed in verizon site. I came to know that we have to use "jf kennedy blvd" and for jersey city I have to use "j cy".

Because of all this confusion with their system, I asked the customer service for details. the person at service desk also accepted the problem and offered to help me out. but I checked with him, and he confirms that I am eligible for all online offers even if I order thru phone. billing cycle for me is 16th of every month. I took connection on dec 22, 2007.

First month bill came: included all hidden charges. later I called customer service for about 4 times and 20 minutes each time to reverse the charges. this bill included all the charges till feb 16, 2008. I overpaid.

I moved to new location in the same street on jan 28, 2008. they confirmed that there won’t be any moving related charges. I received second bill till mar 16, 2008. summary of the bill is 8 page. erratic billing. I know that reaching verizon customer service is taboo, so I took off for office as I cannot speak for hours in office. billing department and customer service will be available only during weekdays and from morning 8 to 5pm.

For one month charge of $64.99 + taxes, I got bill for $144. later I came to know from customer representative that these are due to charges that I already paid. they charged from the date I moved to new location without considering that I already paid till end of next month.

I waited for 1 hour and 30 minutes to reverse the charges and then I decided to disconnect the service. I cannot spend every month hours to rectify the bill charges. when I connected to customer service, I directly asked for disconnection department. the account manager accepted the charges and reversed the amount totally.

This didn’t ended here, after reversing the charges, they put a note for disconnection to my internet on friday evening. I couldn’t connect to internet at 6:00pm, then when I inquired at customer service, to my surprise, my account is flagged for disconnection...

Later for the whole weekend, I left in house with our internet connection and as usual I called customer service on monday morning as usual, I was there in call for almost an hour in morning and get that resolved after creating new order.

I am very confident about verizon billing system that this is going to continue for coming months.

Comments

Ge
  2nd of Aug, 2008
Experian refuses to investigate my inacccurate information to the highest standard. They have no signature on file, nor no proof of document on file. I am very distress since the have this item on my credit report. I am planning a class act action law suit. They ignore my complaint everytime I file a complaint.

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications