Verizon Florida, Inc. / fraud collection notice!

I just received a bill from Afni Collections for Verizon Florida, Inc. For the past 15 years I have lived in MD and VA and my phone bill is paid up at this time. I spoke to the people at Verizon and they verified this. They also said they felt this should be looked into because they had other instances of people calling them about the same thing.

I am living on Social Security and keep close tabs of my income and credit information. This scam has got to stop. Where do these people get out names from? I also noticed that the phone number is one that I have never heard of. The last time I lived in Florida was 1986 and Verizon did not have land lines in Florida at that time.

STop this scam and others like it. I am sending a letter to my lawyer and all 3 credit bureaus noting this scam with a copy of the bill I received.

N  22nd of Nov, 2008 by
I am trying to get Verizon to remove a charge from my phone bill. They are charging me $16.68 per month for a fax service that I don't have and never have had. They put this on my phone bill and are also charging me $7.00 as a collection fee for some company that I have never heard of. Now that I have refused to pay this fee they have interrupted my service and keep adding the bogus fax charge to my bill. When I called to get it straightened out I am switched to another number then put on hold until the phone disconnects. I would like to know who authorized this charge, I sure didn't. I have to work 6 days a week to make enough money to live on seeing that my Social Security check won't cover my meds and living expenses.

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications