Verizon Fios / best buy gift card fraud!

1 Rutherford, NJ, United States Review updated:

Waiting since November 2007 for the $200 Best Buy gift card. Have spent countless hours on hold then being told to call another number. I have a total of 8 phone numbers that I have been referred to and and about that many stories of why I don't have the card yet. I believe it is fraud. I am complaining to the BBB. I am not the only one this has happened to. I just got off hold for 40 minutes to be told that I did not meet the requirements and I should call another number. The requirements are that I need Fios Triple Play, which I have, so go figure. Wish I never switched from Comcast!

Comments

• Mi
      11th of Apr, 2008

My wife and I have had the same problem with Verizon, beginning in December 2007. Verizon had a full page ad for a free LCD TV with the Triple Play order, all for $99. Of course, they up-sold us, which was fine, but after approx. 20 phone call and endless hours on hold, they still have not sent the TV or some way to order the TV. There is still no resolution, just another promise of a phone call from another supervisor.

I have never been treated this poorly (I have been around a long time), and I will find a way to let the public know about Verizon's customer service practices.

3rd of Oct, 2008

I agree. I have been waiting for 6 months for a $200.00 American Express Gift card. I signed up based on this promotion. After 6 months of phone calls with no reply. I finally got through to a supervisor today that told me I did not meet the criteria. BS...I kept all the paperwork and have all the qualifing features needed. This is just a scam to get people to sign up...run you past the 90 day cancellation period then change the rules, then stick it to you and not follow up on the deal. I smell a class action lawsuit coming down the road and I will be the first person to jump on-board.

• Sh
      4th of Oct, 2008

Same problem with the $200 American Express card. Signed up for Verizon bundle in April...It is October, check mail daily...called verizon numerous times...each time they say they expedited it/will expedite it..I threatened The RI Attorney Generals office and the complaint is ready to go. If I do not get the card or the call back from the supervisor this week, I will file the complaint. I am sure this is happening to many people. A few phone calls again I was given the number to Amer Express...they had NO RECORD OF ME by name, phone number, etc...they told me that Amer Express was getting a lot of similiar calls and they gave me a direct line to talk to someone at verizon (of course it was the main line). I am very upset and wish we did not switch from COX. I even did the REFER a FRIEND program (my parents have had verizon over a month now, and I still did not get the $100 for the refer a friend either).

Frustrated in RI,
    sharon

• My
      4th of Nov, 2008

I have been having a problem with Verizons refer a friend progam. I have brought two customers to verizon so far. Both have signed up for all three services and so far I have received zero for the effort. I made darn sure I followed all of the rules and even received conformation that the first one was fullfilled and got the amount that I should be getting but no money has arrived. I try calling, I try emailing to no avail. Everyone acts like they know nothing about it. I don't understand how the refer a friend progam that is so unique that no one in the company knows a thing about it. I am about ready to take it to the BBB.

• Ra
      6th of Nov, 2008

Same boat. I was promised Amer Express $200 GC. Signed up in June 08. It's now November and nothing. I called twice so far. Rep said I was put on an "investigation list" that marketing department uses. So basically sit by and supposedly someone will call me someday...doubt it. I asker her if other people had the same problem as me and she stated she was not allowed to discuss that to which I replied "I can read". What a shame. My monthly billing is never the same, I hate the way the pro-rate changes, I hate you have to opt out of things, and the topper is this BS promo. I honestly want out of the service. They've got to do us right - Big Time

• Mi
      19th of Nov, 2008

I signed up for Verizion Fios in July of 2007 and have yet to receive my American Express gift card. It was suppose to be $100.00. Everycouple of months i make an attempt and they transfer me over and over and have no clue what im talking about. Its getting to the point where I may just file lawsuit. Yea its only 100.00 bucks but its getting out of hand now. I to signed up for the triple play feature. It is now Nov 08 and yet no gift card.

24th of Nov, 2008

We ordered the FIOS triple play in December 07 when they were offering the free Sharp LCD TV. We still have not recieved the TV. We have spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon and get a different story each time we call, sometimes multiple stories in each phone call. They will go from telling us that we weren't eligible for the tv to telling us that the TV was already shipped in a single call. They even called us in March and apologized that there was such a problem and told us they were shipping the tv and we would have it in 2 weeks. It never came. Now when we call they tell us that we have already recieved the TV and that the promotion is over. It is so frustrating. The FIOS tv and internew service are both supperior to comcast but i hate Verizon so much and feel so taken advantage of that I will probable switch back to Comcast as soon as my contract is up... if not sooner.

• Ti
      7th of May, 2010

we have been having probs.w/verizon!!!got the pac.deal and was getting the free showtime-and the cinimax.after the 3mos.were up, they still to this day have not taken us off of it yet and` YES` we are getting billed for it and this has been going on now for six mos.!!
    i should have never listen to my husband!!!should have stayed w/DIRECT T.V..THIS CO. SUCKS!!!and when our contract w/them is up in this Dec.2010, back to DIRECT T.V..i will never use them again!!!
    j.k. Beaverton, Ore.