Verizon / Fios — false charges
This site deleted my first complaint about Verizon. Why? Here is my complaint again:
Verizon has now charged me with an "unreturned equipment" fee of $635.38 since I closed my account with them in May of 2014. I have checked with their "Equipment Return Specialists, " telephone # [protected] which is listed on Verizon's May19, 2014 bill to me. I have repeated called this number and asked if I have any outstanding equipment and they have verified I have returned ALL equipment. Three Verizon customer service representatives at [protected] insist I owe them $638.5 and if I don't pay them, they will turn my account over to a collection agency. I have explained their "Equipment Return Specialists" have confirmed with me I do NOT have any outstanding equipment. All three reps refused to call that number and each one denied knowing that company or Verizon having a department with that name.
Verizon has now turned my account over to a collection agency. I have been in continuous contact with Verizon since May 27, 2014 and I received a collections letter on August 21, 2014. Each Verizon rep told me there was a "hold" or a "claim" on my account so that it would NOT be turned over for collections.
Verizon is attempting to extort money from me by threatening to ruin my credit by not paying for false charges that I do not owe them. I am very angry with the method Verizon is using to make a profit. All legal remedies are being pursued.
More Verizon / Fios Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon - fraudulent practices
- Verizon Wireless - old all tell prepaid plans they bought out
- Verizon Fios - not honoring contract
- Verizon Fios - I hate verizon fios, phone, tv and internet and thier so called customer service, billing, management, etc 
- Verizon Wireless - regarding common customer complaints