Verizon Fiosbroken promise of $300 gift card

I received a flyer from Verizon that promised "up to $400 Visa Gift Card" when I sign up for Verizon FIOS last year and I called to take advantage of the offer in December. Upon speaking to a representative and choosing the package that works for me, she made me understand that my package (which contained the 50mbps internet) only qualified me for a $300 gift card. I reluctantly accepted and signed up for a 2 year contract. In the same call where I was read the contract terms, the agent affirmed that i will be getting my card after around 90 days.

Last week, I call Verizon to find out the status of my card and to my bewilderment, I was told that I do not have a card in process as I was given the discounted package. I find that ridiculous because nothing has changed since I singed up and my signing up was based on the promise made. I initially thought about canceling my service and fighting with Verizon when they try to charge me an early termination fee but I decided against it because this is just not right. Legally, it is a blatant breach of contract and I have no reason to keep my part of the deal if Verizon will not keep their part.I have talked to several agents to pull up my 2-year contract acceptance call and listen to the promise the contract was based on but nobody seems to have access to the call. Why then did they record that call? I have also considered denying ever signing up for a 2-year contract so that the call will be pulled up as "evidence" that I signed up...thereby confirming my $300 gift card promise in the process but decided against that. If Verizon cannot keep these promises, why make them?

Please what can I now do to get that $300?

Ag
Feb 16, 2014

Comments

• Bc
      Apr 13, 2014

I got the $300 card and a letter with it stating that they would be sending a letter with the pin#. In order to register the card, I need the pin. I was promised an E-mail and a letter, each with the pin. No letter. No pin. The customer service number does not get you a person and you end up going around in circles. So I can't register the card so it's a fraud.

• Da
      Jan 21, 2016

I had the exact same problem with Verizon last July. After ensuring me that I would get the gift card in 90 days, I found out when I called in December that I have a discounted package and I do not qualify. Even though I was promised the card, they would not deliver. I placed a BBB complaint and eventually spoke with a women at Verizon, but she kept reiterating the same thing about the discount. She refused to acknowledge that her company lied to me, and she refused to make good on the promise. Does anybody know if there is a class action law suit going on? I would love to get in on it.
    My email is [protected]@gmail.com.