Verizon Fios — broken promise of $300 gift card
I received a flyer from Verizon that promised "up to $400 Visa Gift Card" when I sign up for Verizon FIOS last year and I called to take advantage of the offer in December. Upon speaking to a representative and choosing the package that works for me, she made me understand that my package (which contained the 50mbps internet) only qualified me for a $300 gift card. I reluctantly accepted and signed up for a 2 year contract. In the same call where I was read the contract terms, the agent affirmed that i will be getting my card after around 90 days.
Last week, I call Verizon to find out the status of my card and to my bewilderment, I was told that I do not have a card in process as I was given the discounted package. I find that ridiculous because nothing has changed since I singed up and my signing up was based on the promise made. I initially thought about canceling my service and fighting with Verizon when they try to charge me an early termination fee but I decided against it because this is just not right. Legally, it is a blatant breach of contract and I have no reason to keep my part of the deal if Verizon will not keep their part.I have talked to several agents to pull up my 2-year contract acceptance call and listen to the promise the contract was based on but nobody seems to have access to the call. Why then did they record that call? I have also considered denying ever signing up for a 2-year contract so that the call will be pulled up as "evidence" that I signed up...thereby confirming my $300 gift card promise in the process but decided against that. If Verizon cannot keep these promises, why make them?
Please what can I now do to get that $300?
More Verizon Fios Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon - fraudulent practices
- Verizon Wireless - old all tell prepaid plans they bought out
- Verizon Fios - not honoring contract
- Verizon Fios - I hate verizon fios, phone, tv and internet and thier so called customer service, billing, management, etc 
- Verizon Wireless - regarding common customer complaints