Verizon Communications / verizon fios

Toms River, NJ, US Review updated:

I have been a Verizon Fios customer since 2012. Upon the end of my 2 year contract, I never did enter into a new contract. Recently, our speed and connectivity was so horrible that I called in to cancel. I spoke with a representative named Kevin on 2/17/17. He advised me of two different options that might help with the internet connectivity problems I was having. He said I could keep my speed and be sent a new router for $148/month. Or, I could upgrade my speed to 75/75 and be sent a new router for $153/month. I agreed and placed the order putting me into a new contract for the next 2 years. After 3-5 business days had passed, the new router had not arrived. I called in on the 12th business day, 3/7/17 and spoke with a representative named Mark. He said he did not see the router had ever been ordered, but he would place a complaint on my behalf and I would hear back within 3-5 business days. I did not hear from Verizon Fios so I called in again on 3/16/17. I spoke to a Ms. Lee who again told me she did not see that Kevin had ever ordered my router but that she would look into it and get back to me by the next day. I also advised Ms. Lee that my TV channel package had been changed although that had never been a topic on my original call with Kevin. Again, I did not hear back so on 3/17/17 I spoke to supervisor Mary Ellen. She told me the same thing the other two reps told me, Kevin never placed an order for the new router. The best part is, my "upgraded" speed is not compatible to my original router. With no offer to send me a router without charging me more, I asked Mary Ellen my last day to cancel during the "30 day worry free" period. She advised me I could cancel through 3/19/17. I woke up today, 3/19/17 and tried to call in to cancel. Each time I was disconnected. Finally, I was able to chat online with 2 different representatives Jessica (I was disconnected) and Jennifer who told me they would be happy to cancel my services but I would be charged a $230 early termination fee! Verizon Fios counts days slightly different then the average business (Net 30 from 2/17 is 3/19- 11 days in February and 19 in March is 30 days). In addition, I was manipulated into a new contract based on promises not upheld by Verizon Fios, lied to on multiple occasions, and treated like a ### when I have been a good standing, loyal customer. I took good notes on each of my calls and despite everything, I was conned. Any current or future customer I heed that you get EVERY SINGLE THING IN WRITING. I regret my decision to ever offer Verizon Fios a chance to keep my business when I called to cancel on 2/17/17. I will never recommend them to anyone because of their manipulative and deceitful business practices.

Je
Mar 19, 2017

Comments

• Za
      Apr 26, 2017

i got email winning prize 6.5 crores in uk chervolet co true or false my number [protected]