Verizon Communications

Posted: Oct 17, 2017 by

fios internet, tv & phone bundle

My bundle bill went from $122.98 a month to $190 a month on July 19, 2017. I contacted Verizon four times (7/10, 7/19, 8/17 and 8/19) to resolve this ridiculous increase and each time the agent advised that they would provide various credits to reduce my bill to approximately $133 a month. On 8/19, they charged me $96.58 (so it seemed that between the $190 and $96.58 - my bill averaged out to $143.29 for July and August). Still this bill was $10 more than what they advised me they would credit my account. On 9/19, I got charged for $165. I called again, the fifth time, on 10/17, to explain that I was due a credit to reduce my balance to what I thought would be $133 a month. I was advised by the customer service rep and her supervisor (Ms. Brown) that there was no documentation in my account regarding the above conversations and reduction of my bill (which seems strange since all the other four conversations I had with Verizon did acknowledge my prior conversations with customer service) and also that my contract had expired and no credit was due. Ms. Brown advised that I could renew for another two years at a cost of approximately $177. I then advise that I would like to cancel service, but then was told that I would be subject to a $60 early termination fee. I questioned how that could be if my contract expired? Also, since Verizon significantly changed the cost of my service, it would appear that a consumer would have the right, free of charge, to cancel one's service. The significant increases in the cost of the service, the misrepresenations made, along with the long wait time, is unacceptable.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Satellite & Cable TV

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree