Verizon / scam billing
I have been a customer of Verizon for over 30 years. My birth date is 2/8/42 and unfortunately, I am a senior citizen.
I live on very little money, a fixed income, no extra retirement plans, stock options, 401Ks or trust funds and my phone was disconnected March 23 of 2008.
I received quite a few notices but didn’t open them since the first one was the one I thought I would need which had a total of $123.00. When I finally could get together the $123 I called in on the automated line using my checking account. When I called the next morning to find out when they were reconnecting my phone I was told that I owed $330 and that I was charged for the months I was disconnected. I was totally outraged. This has never happened to me before. I have been disconnected in the past but never paid for months I wasn’t using my phone. I couldn’t receive calls from my family and couldn’t make calls out even if I was having an emergency.
Could you please give me some support for this? People are not informed that they have to pay for a phone they don’t use. It doesn’t even make good sense. Is this allowed to happen to citizens in Massachusetts? Especially citizens who are vulnerable and find it difficult to get together $123 never mind 330.
As I said previously, I couldn’t receive calls and I couldn’t make them so what is it exactly that I am being charged for? Each time I would ask this question, I was being shifted to another person or told its company policy. The supervisor couldn’t tell me but just kept repeating you weren’t totally disconnected. Well when you are not allowed to use a utility to me this is being disconnected.
My phone would not be put on if I didn’t agree to Verizon stealing this money from me. This is a very bad time for most of us, and to think that a wealthy company like Verizon can receive money for no product or service is outrageous.
More Verizon Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - customer service representative lack of professionalism
- Verizon Communications - phone and internet
- Verizon Technical Support - technical problems unresolved 
- Verizon Fios - veterans/military discount
- Verizon Store - unethical behaviour