Vacations To Go / False advertising

My wife and i went to the Domincan Republic this summer and we were guaranteed an ocean view room. Those rooms do not exist at that resort. We were moved at the resort to a room "closer" to the ocean, but that was still a few hundred yards away and covered by trees. we have argued endlessly with Vacations To Go and received nothing but the promise of an upgrade next time we go...I don't want any promises, i want to be compensated for what we never received...that is falling on "deaf" ears. We are extremely disapointed with Vacations to go and we will never use them again.

Ar

Comments

• Do
      25th of Apr, 2011

My wife and I had similar experience on a trip to St. Thomas. Promised a Beachfront Condo and received a third floor View of the beach. Access was out back door down stairs and around a bldg. Also told we would sit together on flights and had separate seats. They give impression of one thing and deliver much less.

• Pa
      27th of Apr, 2011

Arube a---my wife and I were promised two queen beds as my son and I are over 6 foot tall. When I got to the Mariott Hotel in Aruba, the Marriott staff advised me that the only way you can get two queen beds is with a 3 bedroom villa. They would not up grade, so the four of us spent over $5000, plus food on a vacation with one queen bed and a sofa bed. Documents in the room stated that the room should only be occurppied by two people? What a real marketing scam?

• Do
      16th of Aug, 2014

Vacations To Go did this to us on the phone too. They quote a real good price
    for an inside cabin on a cruise on their website, you call to book it.
    They claim that rate is for two bunk beds. You simply want a double bed as in|
    all hotel rooms, $50 MORE PER PERSON. Scam artist at VTG.