Vacations Made Easy / over charging

1 Branson, MO, United States Review updated:

I scheduled a Summer Vacation Discount Rate through this company with a new hotel in Branson. When we looked at mapquest for the directions, we found we had been overcharged over $100.00 to reserve the same rooms on the hotel's website. If I had known the name of the place I would have gone to them directly, but seeing "discount" I thought we were getting a deal. Nothing we can do now, either with "vacation made easy" or the hotel. Live and Learn.

Comments

• Br
      9th of Jan, 2011

We reserved a two night stay at a special place my wife found and the day before we were to arrive vacations made easy called us and tolds us that the room we wanted was over booked and asked if the econolodge was ok. we assumed it was compareable and said yes. they charged us $198 for a hotel that cost $54.99 a night . I was to tired the night we arrived or I would have not even checked in to a hotel that we had to change rooms due to filth. I believe that vacations made easy scams people by leading you to believe you are getting reservations to the place you want to stay and then moving you to a place of lesser value and charging you more. Best advice is to not use them! They are unreasonable and will not deal with you when you have a problem.