USAA Worldwide Insurance / terrible company to work with!

Our new 3 month old car got hit from the rear by a USAA customer who was also hit from behind. However the USAA customer did not take the particulars of the 3rd car so we claimed USAA instead. USAA came back and denied our $150 claim for a bumper trim replacement, claiming that their customer was not at fault as she was pushed into our car. I disagree with that decision as her customer WAS AT FAULT for letting the 3rd driver go.

USAA has been terrible to work with as their customer service representative keep insisting that it was not their customer's fault without pursuing beyond that fact. Their lack of decisiveness to settle a small claim amount has let to this complaint that may cost them much more.

Va

Comments

• Er
      9th of Dec, 2007

As a Highway Patrolman I understand, but I side with USAA. That accident is what we call a domino accident. The first domino fell so the rest collapse. Well the first domino is at fault and information should have collected from the first vehicle that rear ended the second vehicle.

• Fo
      16th of Jan, 2008

If the situation was reversed , then would you expect your insurance company to pay for the other person's damages, regardless of cost? Why did you not stop the person from leaving? It is not fair that the woman who was pushed into you should pay for your damages. Contact your insurance company and ask if they would have paid. I've worked for several different insurance companies and not a one would pay if their insured was not at fault.

• La
      6th of Aug, 2008

You are being ridiculous. It was your responsibility to get the at fault party's information. USAA did exactly what any other prudent company would do. The policy contract says liability it used to pay bodily injury and property damage if you are negligent and af fault for the accident. The person behind you is your equal in the senario.

• Us
      8th of Aug, 2008

I followed this link out of curiosity because I've never heard a complaint about USAA. I've been a USAA member for 32 years (that means I'm insured with USAA).

The previous posters have pointed out the obvious. You're trying to harm the reputation of this company because they didn't pay you $150, when it was YOUR responsibility to collect the information from the party at fault. As has already been pointed out, the USAA driver was not at fault, and USAA should not pay.

This is a classic case of transference. You're transferring your anger at yourself for not getting the driver information from the party at fault to the innocent USAA drver.

As another poster suggested, call your insurance and ask if they'd pay in the same scenario.

You're the one who is responsible for your inability to collect from the party responsible. Sometimes the truth sucks.

• Da
      23rd of Jan, 2009

usaa is the worst company I have ever dealt with and only the ingorant / people whom have never had to make a claim would make a comment such as "usaamember" did. shop around and guarenteed you will find ie: state farm homeowners $500 less per year then usaa and auto ins. for two vehicles for a year is $400 less. WOW!! The only thing you get with usaa is them saying it's special insurance catered to military and miltary family members...THAT IS IT!! WOOPEE! THEY SUCK! I am in the process of taking them to court. My lawyer has taken the case with no money up front and says that they are negligent and that we have a solid case against them. That is all I'm able to say at this time but trust me USAA in my opinion is very CROOK-ED!! Do your homework with the rates...you'll see. Check out all the complaints to. There are thousands of them. Legitimate ones! This company should be ashamed of themselves!! So should the THREE people that defend them.

• Sh
      10th of Sep, 2018
    USAA (United Services Automobile Association) - Sponcership
    Abington
    Massachusetts

I am asking you to take a look at your involvment with the NFL.
    I don't think it's good that a company that is based on our military should do business with the NFL as long as players disrespect our flag.

Do the right think, you need to put your clients first.
    Until the apologize & Protestant a different time you should pull your ads.

• Se

Stuart blain parker CEO Lives at 16 De Zavala PL Shavana Tx A S SFace

• Ke
      31st of Oct, 2018
    USAA Bank - Auto Loan

CS person mailed check to dealership instead of me. Now the dealership does not have to forful my request of what I wanted done to my vehicle. Now I have a car not complete . Damn damn damn! And I like USAA, but never thought they would do me, ex military person like this.