USAA / bad loan service

1 San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:

My husband and I were very excited to be purchasing our very first home. Ofcourse since we bank with usaa we decided to get a home loan through them as well. With some minor adjustments to our credit we were aprroved. Little did we know what a nightmare we were getting into to usaa morgage dept. We were assgined the absolute worst loan processer that could work for usaa. We started this whole process july of 2010 needless to say it is the being of october and we still have not been able to close on our home. All this could have been avoided if only our loan processer have taken the time out to actually work on our loan instead she was out of the office weeks at a time. And never called us back when her voice mail clearly says "I give callback within 24 hours".. Such a lie. We are disgusted with the service that we have recieved from usaa. It has taken everything breath of us to try and close on this house if its not one thing its another with usaa. I just now got off the phone with usaa and because it is the begining of the month usaa has to go back and review all of our paperwork and update everything once again. So our new estaimated closing date is oct. 16th. Finally we have had enough with usaa. We just canceled our loan with them completly. If you are smart you will not get a home loan with usaa. They will give you the run around in everyway possible...

Comments

1st of Oct, 2010

Worst...mortgage lender...EVER!!! My wife and I have been USAA insurance customers for almost 20 years without a single complaint...their customer service has always been excellent. When we decided a couple months ago to refinance our original VA loan, we looked no further than USAA because of our many years of past experience with them. 45 days into the loan process, we only now realize how big of a mistake we made by selecting them for our mortgage business. There is a HUGE disparity in the quality of their insurance services and that of their mortgage services!!! The loan processor assigned to us was the most incompetent, lazy, and least knowledgeable financial services professional with whom I have ever dealt. He never answers his phone, never returns messages left in his voicemail, doesn't respond to repeated E-Mail inquiries regarding the status of our loan...and when we finally contacted a "supervisor", she was quick to promise prompt action but dragged her feet for days. Consequently, we've completely missed the closing date that was originally scheduled, and USAA is now requiring documents from us that have never before been needed when we've applied for home loans and are asking the exact same questions of us that we answered more than 30 days ago soon after we first applied to refinance. USAA mortgage services are a scam...they are not at all interested in providing loans at today's low market rates. Don't walk...RUN...away from USAA financial services.

• Li
      14th of Nov, 2010

I am utterly disgusted with USAA Mortgage Services. When I call for a status on my VA refinance, my processor barely can form a sentence in English and is also very rude. She will never return a call either. On 1 loan, this is my 4th processor assigned! None of them could speak very good english neither were they kind. Nothing against Mexican American people- however, in business, you need bright, articulate, knowledgeable staff that communicate kindly and effectively. I give up AND I also will be contacting Clark Howard to tell him my disgust!! USAA Mortgage is based in San Antonio. I did some checking around and found that it is the policy of USAA Mortgage to hire and promote Mexican Americans over caucasian. Who gets hurt the blatent favortism like this?? It is the Veteran!! I am trying to warn everyone I can to stay away from them! In the name of "political correctness" they are hurting the customer and I am disgusted. Hmmm is it a coincidence that the CEO is a Mexican American as well? Joe Robles USAA Mortgage Services is Toxic and should be avoided.