USAA Bank HELOC / unfair collection practices

United States, Arkansas Review updated:
USAA Federal Savings Bank
USAA bank is a military only insurance and bank. They specialize in taking advantage of our military members. I have a HELOC or second mortgage on a home in Arkansas. The home has dropped in value 100k and I am unable to sell, rent, or give away. USAA put me on their automated computer system that calls at random as early as 0655 a.m. and as late as 0900 p.m. They even called December 24th at 0800 pm. with their automate system that asks you to hold and then it hangs up because no one was available to receive this call. When the bank calls the caller ID shows unknown caller and they do not identify them selves until they have who they are looking for on line. I wrote letter requesting them not to call so early or use their automated system and their rep told my during my last call that they did have to abide by the fair collection act.

A  14th of Feb, 2009 by
I have been a USAA member for over 25 years, my husband recenty lost his job and we fell behind in 1 of our 7 accounts with them. They have us on auto-dialer and call at least 8 times a day. The phone rings and there is no one on the other end--I waited 2.5 minutes yesterday to speak to someone and then it hung up. A half hour later, I spoke to someone. Then, later that evening I received two more calls. Shocked that this is one of the big companies that specializes in military lending. They do NOT follow the law. I don't even want to get into the predatory lending practices. Encouraged no doc loans, including mortgages, that were obtained with the ease of going through McDonald's drivethrough. Very bad turn turn for the worse with this company. I would love to have others post their experiences whatever they are!
D  28th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I've been with them for for about 25+ yrs and have never had any issues. Maybe because I don't spend $$ unless I know I have the cash behind me to pay it off. That's the problem with people today--spend today thinking that no emergencies will ever come up and that a financial institution will bend over for you--no questions asked. It's people like you that result in some of us receiving lower savings/CD yields.
N  16th of Aug, 2009 by
To the holier than though person that doesn't spend more than they think they can afford...but for the grace of God...and as far as USAA goes, I have had clients bring me tape recordings of USAA saying that because they are not debt collectors and because this is their debt, they don't have to comply with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. They were nasty in the calls I have heard. Not impressed with how they treat these people, who were also members for 25 years before suffering UNEXPECTED setback. Boy, Mr Holier than though, you must be ready for ANYTHING! How about some empathy! I was in the military and had a lot of other military members that I had to deal with who had the same attitude.
D  7th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
JOE ur a Fuking idiot. Typical SHEEP BOY... FOLLOWER and never will take a risk to get ahead. IF TRUMP never took rish do u think he would not be rich and yet he has filed for BK before
N  30th of Jul, 2013 by
usaa bank is no way affliated with the military. they are scammers!! they ripped me off for over 7500.00. someone hacked my account and now they wont reimburse me my money! I am like everyone else here by notting getting any responses back from them? this is the worse bank I have ever dealt with in my 61 years!!theysure don't mind ripping off the military personal or the disabled and I am both !
N  5th of Nov, 2014 by
Looking to make money with you heloc.and am talking enough to pay all your debt and extra contact me +16464931100 (text only) no service charge no capital required you won't be asked for a penny!.and very simple and easy..Yea text me today and let me blow your mind..only interested people please plus there is a limited space so grab yours while offer last!...No jokes

USAA (United Services Automobile Association) Logo USAA (United Services Automobile Association)
9800 Fredericksburg Road