US Postal Service / delivery problem!

United States Review updated:
2.5
My mailbox is at the side of my house. For 17 (!) years, substitute mail carriers have often left mail sitting in the open on the front step, subject to theft and weather. In fact, on at least two occasions the mail was soaked from rain. I have complained repeatedly to the local post office (Wellesley, MA) and via USPS online. I have heard responses ranging from curt to concerned, with numerous promises to address the problem. The bottom line is that the problem continues, as recently as the past month (twice, with wet mail on one occasion). It doesn't seem to me like rocket science...

Comments

Va
  3rd of Oct, 2008
I have similiar problems with my local mail carrier.
Multiple complains to the administration of the post office remain futile .
Na
  8th of Oct, 2008
I recently send a letter locally and it was returned to me. The reason was I wrote SW and the Mail Carrier Wrote on my mail saying "This is SE NOT SW. I google the address and SW was indeed correct. This makes me wonder WHO IS REALLY DELIVERING OUR MAIL. ARE THESE WORKERS ON SOME SORT OF MEDICATION/ DRUGS that they cannot read?
Ch
  25th of Oct, 2008
I am sick of dealing with people who have no pride in their work, they have no ethic, in a word they'er just lazy or incapable I got a note left in my mail box to put larger numbers on the opposit side of my mail box {at least two inches in hieght)I did this with three inch numbers, but it still does no good I get the wrong mail, other people get my mail (I know this because by the time I get it, it's already been opened), so I don't know who will be reading this note, but be warned if someone gets my personal info because of mail delivery I will sue the postal service.
Ba
  9th of Jan, 2009
Maybe move your mailbox to your stairs so ot can be easier accessed by the carrier.
Ve
  24th of Aug, 2009
They are federal and they fill protected and nothing a consumer could do. You can file and post complaints all day, they will put it to the side unless is an issue that is going to cost them. I get bills and solicitating mail with my name correct address but for some reason my checks that have printed address on them and i have been getting for many years, I have been getting late for the past few month after an address change. Maybe they wanted me to keep paying for an postal P.O box, brings money to them and auto gas company. Its all about comsumer spending, if they cant' get out of you they will find the way. The system is connected, I have had the chance to gather information and proof that shows a connection of how the system works.
Ve
  24th of Aug, 2009
They just did an increase in postal service and they will keep looking for excuses to keep bringing it up. They cut meaning closed some postal service site. They are going to gather all complaint next, and these is not for the benefit of consumer but to claim they need more money to run the postal service better.
Ro
  20th of Dec, 2009
cant get mail deliverd
Ma
  13th of Jan, 2011
I've lived at my current address for over 2years now and I'm still getting previous tenants mail and magazines. I've put "return to sender addressee unknown" on something like 220 pieces of mail since moving into the apartment and the mail still comes with peoples names on them that I don't know.
Av
  12th of Apr, 2011
Mailed an overnight letter by USPS on Sunday to be delivered on Monday on a Business, 4 hours round trip from my home. USPS tried to deliver on Monday at 5 AM, didn’t find anybody, kidnapped my letter at theirs post office giving me 5 days to make 4 hours round trip to get back the letter or send back to me after 5 days. The letter was time sensitive and destination was a business, and BUSINESS HOURS ARE 0800 to 1630 or 0900 to 1700. What kind of dead brain sheep [censor]s are USPS employee, going out of business hours, to make deliveries at Business at 1AM, 2AM, 3AM, 4AM 5AM and tell you that there was nobody. I do not care for $13.25 I paid. The damage they inflicted to me is much bigger. Government is doing nothing, they are looking other way. Next time I will drive 4 hours and deliver my letter by myself.
Da
  16th of Aug, 2011
USPS Dallas TX,
Its a shame to mail a letter from Houston TX to Cleveland, Ohio. The letter did not reach Cleveland Ohio was intersect in Dallas, TX.
The reference number to the big box was 0310 3490 0001 1062 5296.
At first, I thought the box was coming they gave us a case # 105852312. Not later till last week that we thought we finally lost the big box, they gave us another case # 105946021, but the big box was still in Dallas TX from the postal tracking system.
Its really a shame that crooks still work in the USPS, I wander what kind of criteria of people employed by the USPS. This is not right because the system still says is still in Dallas, TX. That means Dallas', Tx USPS are not really trust worthy and they have no ethics concerning the job.

My name is Daniel Ola Ajayi.
My cell number is 216 548 3545
I am a teacher and a CPA holder in the system
I worked in the Parma City Of Education.
I wish some one can help...

United States Postal Service [USPS] Logo United States Postal Service [USPS]