US Cellular / unauthorized charges
I was ripped off by us cellular. I decided to change my cell phone company because I needed nation wide coverage. Well I called and canceled and payed my bill up to date. Note: I was with this provider for eight years. I then turned off my phone and it went into a drawer. Now a year later I went to a bank to get a home loan and was denied. Apparently I owed US Cellular for some reason. I called the company and started to get this resolved. They informed me that they couldn't even talk to me because they had sold my account to a collection company. Remember they never sent me a bill or called my LAN line to tell me my account was still on or past due. Even though I called and canceled my account. They told me I never called to have it turned off. I actually did twice because I had friends who had a problem that was the same as my current problem. Well then I called the Collection company, This was a huge joke. They harassed me to settle my account and kept calling after They had my phone#. They told me to call US Cellular to settle the problem. So I did. They again told me to call the collection agency. So again I did. Again they told me to Call US Cellular. I finally got through to some manager type at US Cellular, She told me I would have to have a court ordered subpoena for them to let me see or talk to me about my own account information. Well for a couple hundred dollars I am not going to get a lawyer involved. So I called back the collection agency and talked them down 40% to settle the account. I felt robbed, They had held me hostage with my credit just to make a few hundred bucks. Now my credit is trashed and I cant buy a house. So I have decided to make my life a vendeta against this evil cooperation. I have talked to about 20 other previous customers of US Cellular. This happens to 1 in 3 US Cellular customers when they try to cancel their accounts. My next step will be to talk to my congressman, and get a lawyer involved to start a class action lawsuit.
More US Cellular Complaints & Reviews
- US Cellular - us cellular has robbed me! 
- US Cellular - collections 
- US Cellular - deposit rip-off!
- US Cellular - unauthorized billing
- US Cellular - signal insurance & us cellular 
- U.S. Cellular / United States Cellular Corporation - cell service
- U.S. Cellular / United States Cellular Corporation - unauthorized porting of phone number to t-mobile - fraud
- U.S. Cellular / United States Cellular Corporation - customer service
- U.S. Cellular - return policy and customer service
- U.S. Cellular - iphone 6 s plus