US Airways / Airline Stewardess yelling at 7 year old

United States, California Review updated:
I will never fly with US Airways and I will make sure my friends know what took place last Wednesday on a flight to Toronto, Canada. My niece was traveling with her 3 kids. She was told that there would not be a problem with finding seats on the plane and that the Stewardess would be able to help her. She has a 7yr, 5yr old with Down Syndrome and a 3yr old. When she got on the plane, no one helped her, they told her all of them had to sit in separate seats. Imagine a child having to sit between strangers and also another child with other strangers. The children got scared and started to cry, the Airline stewardess started yelling at the 7 year old and telling him to get his act together. The mother was so embarrassed because the stewardess started yelling at her and told her that if she doesn't control her kids they will be off the plane. This is their first time flying from Canada to GREAT OLE USA. Apparently that woman had no kids. she failed to see the dilemma these kids were in. The mother cried all the way home, no one was nice to her, the service was terrible. She paid money for her tickets and was told that her child could not sit at the window because the customer paid extra for his window seat, To me that is hogwash,
This was my niece's horror flight back to Canada on US Airways, I understand after 9/11 but these Airline stewardess have no authority to treat customers this way, the others on that airline had no backbone to tell her that she was rude and wrong, I am an American Citizen and I will never fly with US airways and I am telling all my friends what happened.
Putting children to sit between strangers are not safe, we have no clue who are child molesters on a plane. I am not happy with this airline and I hope people have the nerve to stand up for their rights and not let these airline stewardess bully them. Granted there are times when they have to be tough but yelling at children and then embarrassing the mother in front of passengers, that is uncalled for and unprofessional.

N  4th of Oct, 2009 by
First off, why would your niece book a flight in which she could not ensure they were all seated together. The airlines do offer advance seat assignments. So booking a flight in which they all could not be seated together is the fault of your niece and not the airline. The airline did not put the kids with your strangers that was the doing of your niece and her poor planning. Plus I cant see the flight attendant (which is what they are called, they have not been called stewardesses for a long time) just yelling at the kids unless their behavior was truly that bad.

US Airways Logo US Airways