UPS (United Parcel Service) / ups delivery

I was returning merchandise through a pre-paid UPS package. I went to a staples shipping center. They took my package with my label and secured it properly by sealing it with the lable and tape.

The company I sent it too called and emailed me a few days later saying that the contents I sent wasn't the correct contents.
I use this company all the time. The contens should have been a Sprint Air-card for my laptop, instead the company received a package of Cotton Swabs. UPS Claimas that if the package wasn't opened or damaged then what I put in the package was incorrect, and it wasn't their fault. The first customer service person was trying to hurry me off of the phone because he said he couldn't wait for me to call the receiving company on another line. I wanted to get the both of them on the phone at the same time to work this out. However, the UPS customer service person was very rude and hung up.

Now, one might say that I may have plaec the wrong contents in the envelop. This didnt happen. i am being charged over 500 dollars to replace the card. Which should have only cost 90.00 I have no gain on doing this. The Air card has a tracking device, and the company is looking into seeing if it can be tracked.

It appears that there is some foul play when the card was dropped off by me with a receipt, and delivered by UPS.
The flaw is there is no way of telling the contents.

Comments

• Ra
      22nd of Nov, 2008

please take action

• Ka
      23rd of Nov, 2008

I recently have had a "war" of sorts with UPS. Back in July, my husband ordered some shirts which never arrived. The company claimed they had delivered the items to our house on July 25 and a woman had received them. Funny thing is, we were out-of-state on that date and no one was at our home. Now, UPS will not deliver to our home because we had a claim. So either someone broke into our home for the sole purpose of taking those shirts and then left our home locked or the delivery guy delivered to the wrong house. I am sure it wasn't option "A" so that means we are being punished for the mistake of their delivery guy. My husband wrote to the company and their response was that we had a claim so things cannot be left unless someone is there to sign for them. Funny thing is, twice, the note on the door has said they tried to deliver when we WERE home. So it seems the delivery person is playing games with us. I tend to do a lot of on-line shopping over the holidays, but now won't be able to unless I want it delivered to my work and increase the workload of the frong office staff. Needless to say, I feel like the little guy doesn't every win!!!

• Sc
      9th of Jun, 2010

You called, claimed the package was received by someone else, UPS tagged your residence so that no package could be left withOUT YOU signing for them, you either didn't answer the door when they knocked and/or didn't read the note on the door saying you could pick up the package at the customer counter, and you want to complain. Do you feel the slightest bit better knowing if you bought a diamond ring that the driver would not drop it off under your doormat knowing that the shirt snatcher would take it as well? RTFM or RTF N(note)

• Tr
      18th of Sep, 2015

If you get the address wrong, they charge you full price AGAIN to ship it back? why you ask? Because if they don't "they don't make any money".

Brutal.

They said they called the recipient "over and over" but did not.

Scam.

• Il
      21st of Mar, 2016

So I was happily awaiting some body wash and lotion from Bath and body works (Hey guys like to smell good, too!) The tracking left it saying it was left at my front door, which it wasn't. the driver tells customer service that they left it at the back door, it wasn't there. UPS CS then tells me it's not their problem.

• Tr
      31st of Mar, 2016

I am a Senior Citizen and also am disabled. This outfit is enough to make you quit buying anything on line ! After I get done here I am calling Amazon and tell them I won't be ordering anymore, from them because UPS does nothing but lie and not deliver my packages that have been sitting there for 3 days ! I have had it and am also going to contact a Lawyer about being treated unfairly. This is a sad way of doing business. What are u people doing for work? You are lazy and do not want to do your job! See you in court !

• Al
      28th of Jul, 2016

UPS driver left note that a 2nd attempt would be made to deliver next weekday. No attempt was made next day or the one after. Finally tracked package to their Access Point Gaithersburg, MD. There is no way to contact UPS to make a complaint. Do not use UPS.

• Wi
      28th of Jul, 2016

The next weekday implies this was a Friday, making the next weekday a Monday. What day?

• Wi
      28th of Jul, 2016

Also, it is amazing what GOOGLE will show you if you look:

Holy Toledo Batman! It is a phone number to UPS.