UPS / worst delievery service

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Due to major problems with UPS on my last shipment, I will NEVER use them again and this is why. I needed to send an Xbox 360 to my friend, so instead of going to FedEx like I should have, the UPS store was much closer. The person working the counter was not nice at all. I filled my information out and told her I wanted ground. She made me sign five different things holding me up for 15 minutes that I could have signed while I was marking down the information. She constantly kept bugging me about where I got the Xbox 360, how much, if it was a friend etc...Like it was her business to know. I also ask that someone be there to sign for it since it was going to an apartment build. She said sure but since my friend would be out during much of the day for no one to sign, I asked if it could be delivered after 3 PM. She told me that wasn't possible and that my friend would have to make the arrangements if he missed the package pick and would have to wait the next day to see if he was there before. FedEx’s service was MUCH more flexible, unlike UPS that really could care less on how much time they waste with you.

Ma

Comments

25th of Dec, 2007

I was home all morning to wait for a package and it never arrived so I had to leave. I left at 1:30pm. When I came home tonight I had a delivery attempt sticker on my apartment door that said they were here at 11:30 am. Apparantly my neighbor saw it at the front gate and put it on my door. I was home at that time! No one called or knocked.

About two weeks ago I was walking towards the front gate and saw the ups guy filling out an attempt sticker. He looked right at me, put the sticker up and quickly walked away. I think this is some scam they have going. They dont try very hard to deliver to make money when the sender re-ships. I have never had a good experience with this company.

I called to complain but the representative directed me to the website so I can complain. I never use this company to ship but unfortunately many retailers do so I'm screwed on delivery.

9th of Mar, 2008

The UPS stores are independently owned. They are NOT part of UPS at all. You can go on UPS's web site and print out a label and schedule a pick up without going through a UPS store at all.