UPS / double charges

1 Canada Review updated:

I live in British Columbia Canada and ordered an item from California U.S.A., only some 13oo miles away. I paid shipping charges on the item ordered when it was shipped from the retailer, but when the item arrived i found that i was being charged almost the same amount AGAIN by UPS. Nor was i ever notified that there would be more charges when the item crossed the border.

I find this sort of double billing to border on the criminal. As a consequence i will never use UPS or any other shipper again.

Comments

• To
      8th of Jun, 2007

Don't Use UPS

They don't have a clue regarding what customer service is. Besides, they lie. Just yesterday I was waiting for two boxes to arrive. One was delivered and the other was not. When I check their website the driver had stated that we where not home. First of all, I have not left my house in a week. Second, if I was not home, how did they deliver the one box. UPS is the worst carried in the world. Don't bother to complaint. I have and nobody cares care at that company. When you order, if possible request Fedex and don't give them your business. No wonder they call themselves brown and we all know what brown stands for. MAY UPS ROT IN HELL!!!

• Lo
      16th of Oct, 2007

UPS is the worst for shipping cross boarder. Their brokerage fees are exorbitant and non-refundable or negotiable even if it was their mistake to add them (Item was a replacement and was marked as such, there should have been no tax coming across the boarder and therefore no brokerage fee) the USPS is what I have found to be the best for shipping from the States charging only $5 for crossing customs as opposed to $25++ charged by UPS who then because I live in a small city that they must deem rural they leave expensive packages on our door step if we're not home. My father who was away on business had an $11 000! insured item just dropped on his doorstep my mother had to get a neighbor to help her bring in the box and the item was so badly damaged that it had to be replaced.

• Li
      28th of Oct, 2008

s

• Li
      28th of Oct, 2008

wow i think ups is the worst thing ever for shipping yesterday i send 5 items i have around $100 in my paypal so they take the money instantly when i print the label 5 days afeter i was -$65.70 i say why i check shipping details and say
    shipping charges 1 then shipping charges 2 the same money 2 times why
    then i when to the ups and i was marking my boxes fragile please carefully and that guy toll me the ups recepcionist he toll me what are you doing he said if you mark the boxes or not we don't have preveligies for no one we send the boxes and trow the same and i was like wow ups is trash not recomended at all...