Unlimited Vacation Club / ability to cancel within the mexican statutory time

1 Tustin, CA, United States Review updated:

I recently purchased a Gold Plus package with this company. 3, yes, 3 days later, I tried to cancel my contract because I learned that this company was not very reputable and the contract contained apparent omissions. I drafted the letter citing the Mexican Consumer Protection Law, Article 56 which states that a party can cancel the contract within 5 days without any penalty or further obligation. I emailed my cancellation letter to UVC global and all its affiliates in Maronma. I received email correspondences from UVC global and some of the email recipients, indicating that they need 48 hours to review my file and will get back to me. Prior to sending the letter, I contacted UVC global in Miami and spoke to a supervisor (Vincent). He was very pleasant and understood my apprehension about moving forward especially in light of the rampant negative reviews on the Internet. I inquired whether his bosses were reading the reviews and if yes, why aren't they doing anything about it. He indicated that they are working on the system and really can't please everyone but they are trying. He promised me that I should get a call within 24 hours, I gave him my cell number and a specific time to call. Of course, I did not get a call within the 24 hour period as promised. I then contacted my credit card company and explained my situation. The credit card company is reviewing my complaint and will do their best to resolve the matter. Apparently, they too have received calls from consumers regarding this very same company and its predatory practice. I am hopeful that this will not be a long process but it doesn't look good from what I've been reading.

Mu
Sep 4, 2014

Comments

• Mk
      5th of Sep, 2014

I do not think this is for timeshare as it refers to delivery of goods or a contract for goods... BUT lets say it does.
    It says that you need to send a REGESTERED letter or use other legal means to serve them notice AND that is at your expense. I do not think email is a legal method of delivery.
    Also, it can NOT be canceled within 10 days of the date for that the service is to take place. If it is less than 10 days then you are responsible for the full cost.

ARTICLE 56.- The contract shall be perfected five business days from the delivery of the good sold or
    the signing of the contract, whichever comes later. During such term, the consumer shall be entitled to
    revoke his consent, without any liability whatsoever. The revocation shall be made by giving notice or by
    delivering the good sold in person, through registered mail or through other means to serve such notice in
    a legally unquestionable manner. The revocation made pursuant this article shall render the transaction
    null and void, and the supplier shall reimburse the price paid to the consumer. In this case, the freight and
    insurance costs shall be borne by the consumer. With respect to services, the above shall not apply if the
    date when the service is rendered is within ten business days or less from the date of the purchase order.

5th of Sep, 2014

They are willing to work with you and help you with any question or concerns that you may have.

5th of Sep, 2014

They are willing to work with you and assist you in any question or concerns that you may have. Be patient.

5th of Sep, 2014

I have been in contact with the unlimited Vacation Club & with the Quality Assurance dpt to get my issues handled . The representative whom I have dealt with has exceeded my expectations and has handled my situation with the utmost respect and professionalism. They have gone above and beyond to handle any and all of my requests/concerns. !

• My
      25th of Feb, 2017

@Gilda M. was refund given?

• Lo
      7th of Apr, 2017

HI, we are in the same situation. We were on our honeymoon and they took advantage of us Living in the UK we have one month cooling off period. It was not explained to us that we would only get 5 days to change our mind initially we tried to cancel on our return which was around 10 days.. We tried to cancel when we returned and they would not let us. In November we lost our jobs and wrote to UVC asking them to either freeze the account or cancel it altogether which still meant that we would loose the initial deposit but frankly we do not care about that. They are still demanding we pay, I am not sure with what, they do not seem to understand that no money coming in means none can go out. I would not recommend any one sign up to the scheme as they do not want to listen.

• Dg