United Law Group, Inc / loan modification scam

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This firm, headed by Atty Sean Alan Rutledge, collected upfront fee of $5, 000.00 for loan modification service offered in Oct. 2008 and we almost lost our home on May 5, 2009 after knowing about 3 days prior to the said sale date that our home property sale date can not be settled until we subject to repayment plan with the lender, Indy mac bank.

We have learned only on May 4, 2009 from the lender themselves that there was not at all loan modification filed on our property by the ULG firm and that we need to settle quickly to save our home. All along the firm's negotiating team, who are the only people we were able to speak despite my repeated demand to speak to this Atty. Rutledge, were really doing their job for what they are hired for and even asked us not to communicate ever with the lenders as we were being represented by the firm and to send all documents that these lenders were sending us and they will take care of it. They specifically convinced us that that was their job and that they will fight for you. Unfortunately, nothing have been done as no loan modification was ever filed to the lenders.

We opted to the repayment plan but ULG has never heard of since May 4, 2009 despite the calls and emails after calls and emails attempted.

Please help us with this scam and hoping to recover the lost amount of $5, 000.00 .

We were later notified that there were more people suffering similarly what we went through. Hope this firm can be cited, reported to the Bar and DOJ for the wrong doing they are practicing.

Thank you AARP for your effort of helping people like us.

a of san jose, ca

Ma

Comments

• De
      4th of Sep, 2009

I have the same exact story as you. They told us that all the foreclosure documents were scare tactics from our lender. When our home was published in the local newspaper through the Chancery Court for sale, they again told me that this was a scare tactic from the lender and that it was unlawful for our lender to sell our home. Well I am a county employee and decided to talk to the Chancery Clerk and she said the Notice of Sale was legal and that I should contact our lender and a lawyer ASAP! Her mouth dropped when I explained everything ULG told us.

My husband called our lender to see if there was anything we could work out with them and in about 30 minutes he was pre-approved for a Loan Modification. They said that the underwriters would take a look at it and contact us. But I am still worried that I will lose my home. I am not sure if this process will stop the sale of my home, which is scheduled for Sept 24, 2009.

Can anyone please give me some advise? We are running out of time.