United Airlines / unexpected baggage fees
I booked I round-way trip from Seattle to Fort Lauderdale for myself and my daughters.
For some reasons, the tickets for the way to Fort Lauderdale were a different category than the tickets for the way back. Apparently, the tickets on the way back were Basic Economy and therefore, the airline charged me an extra 75$ (3x25$) to bring back the carry-ons that were included in the ticket when we got there.
It was not clear at all on the Expedia website that the airline would charge my money for those bags. Had I known, I would not have bought those tickets or I would`ve packed differently.
I feel I`ve been scammed by United Airlines and Expedia for not making it extra clear that the carry-ons were not included in the tickets for the way back. Looking back on the ticket, I could only see that:
The airline may charge additional fees Opens in a new window. for checked baggage or other optional services.
I would like a refund of 75$ for those carry-on fees
[protected] (Genevieve Patry)
[protected] (Mathilde Racine)
[protected] (Beatrice Racine)
More United Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- United Air Care - unfinished work and hard-sell tactics 
- United Air Care - air duct cleaning 
- United Airlines - Delayed baggage 
- United Air Care - Unfinished work 
- United Airlines - Rude and Abusive Flight Attendants 
- Continental Airlines - Rude Svc Mgr and inflexible change fee
- United Airlines - Cancellation
- United Airlines - inconsiderate Flight Attendant 
- United Airlines - Poor customer service and harassing phone calls 
- United Airlines - will not refund mistaken fee