United Airlines / Scam!
When my father passed away, I needed a bereavement flight. I had to deal with customer service in India that had no compassion. They put me on flights that would take over 12 hours of flying (3 normally) and return me on a day that did not work. I finally took some flight times and told them I had a $200 credit voucher good forever. United could not find it in there system. Then they found it but only partially. They would not honor my credit. This is hours later. I then told them to use my 67,000+ miles and just book me a flight. I figured I would get the times I needed and use the 25,000 miles.
Because it was immediate, they would have to charge me 50,000 miles.
At this time, I had hardly had any sleep as my father passed away early that morning. I told them to just do it. Guess what, my miles just expired and if I paid full price, they would reinstate my miles for future use. So United STOLE my miles and my $200 credit. I finally booked a flight on Jet Blue for less money. It was one of the best flights I had. Now they want to charge extra for baggage and they are at the bottom of reported customer service. What goes around comes around.
As far as I am concerned United Airlines can go to h%*l. They rightfully deserve it. Nobody will take responsibility after repeated calls and letters. I dare United to rebut these facts!
More United Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- United Air Care - unfinished work and hard-sell tactics 
- United Air Care - air duct cleaning 
- United Airlines - Delayed baggage 
- United Air Care - Unfinished work 
- Continental Airlines - What a pathetic way to run a business! 
- United Airlines - us customs and airline cancellation.
- United Airlines - Baggage information
- United Airlines - unexpected baggage fees
- United Airlines - united airlines customer service
- Air Canada And United Airlines And Aeroplan - discriminatory and unethical behaviour