United Airlines / Delays, mechanical probs, poor customer service

Flying from LA to Sacramento, what should have been a simple 45 minute flight... First, our flight was delayed 1 hour. Then, we finally boarded only to circle the runway for another hour before de-boarding because the plane had mechanical problems. We were informed that the flight will be cancelled, but shortly after that announcement, we were informed another plane will become avalable. We waited in LAX for 6 more hours until we could resume a flight, arriving at 5AM. Because this was a business day, many of us were trying to get to Sacto for business meetings. I got one hour of sleep in a hotel with gum on the carpet, and an attendant with binoculars and a "billy club" on her countertop. All because of Untied's incompetancy, I missed my reservation at Homewood Suites. Way to prepare for the training I had to give for 3 groups the next day.

I followed up by calling the customer service number. They were a group of [indian] folks, with nearly incomprehensible accents, but with american names. The most they could offer was a $200 voucher for another of their flights. Yeah, I'm just dyin' to do that all over agian...

Today, we go to pick up my grandmother-in-law, also delayed overnight in LAX, by United. Why is it that United has over 40% delayed flights listed in the monitors in the airport, while other airlines do not?

N  7th of Jun, 2015 by
Flying from little rock, ar to mexico city, mexico what sure have been a 4 1 / 2 hour trip and ended up bein a 8 1 / 2 hours do to delays. . . From little rock to houston was great. On the other hand me traveling with 2 small children we waited for our next flight no one told us we had a delay, on one told us anything about the flight. I finally went up to talk to someone about the flight and they told me that there was goin to be a delay of 30mins. So as we waited they kept pushing the time back we ended up waiting for 4 hours. We aboarded the plane n set on there for 45 mins if not longer. . . Then the fligt attendant told we r waiting on the captain to aboard. Then the flight attendant asked for everyonr to exit the plane do to the captain so we all exit n waited in the hallway for another 30 mins. We finally got back on the plane and no longer then 2o mins later the captain says we are waiting on fuel so we wait on the plane for about 15 more mins. We finally made it to our desantion in mexico city, mexico. Do to all the delays i missed the bus to family house and had to stay the nite in mexico city 3 hours away from them. My flight number was 4175 my name is jessica velazquez martinez, feel free to email me @ goochie_girl22@yahoo.com or call me @ 501 - 398 - 4137 thank you

United Airlines Logo United Airlines