United Airlines / Delays, mechanical probs, poor customer service
Flying from LA to Sacramento, what should have been a simple 45 minute flight... First, our flight was delayed 1 hour. Then, we finally boarded only to circle the runway for another hour before de-boarding because the plane had mechanical problems. We were informed that the flight will be cancelled, but shortly after that announcement, we were informed another plane will become avalable. We waited in LAX for 6 more hours until we could resume a flight, arriving at 5AM. Because this was a business day, many of us were trying to get to Sacto for business meetings. I got one hour of sleep in a hotel with gum on the carpet, and an attendant with binoculars and a "billy club" on her countertop. All because of Untied's incompetancy, I missed my reservation at Homewood Suites. Way to prepare for the training I had to give for 3 groups the next day.
I followed up by calling the customer service number. They were a group of [indian] folks, with nearly incomprehensible accents, but with american names. The most they could offer was a $200 voucher for another of their flights. Yeah, I'm just dyin' to do that all over agian...
Today, we go to pick up my grandmother-in-law, also delayed overnight in LAX, by United. Why is it that United has over 40% delayed flights listed in the monitors in the airport, while other airlines do not?
More United Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- United Air Care - unfinished work and hard-sell tactics 
- United Air Care - air duct cleaning 
- United Airlines - Delayed baggage 
- United Air Care - Unfinished work 
- Continental Airlines - What a pathetic way to run a business! 
- United Airlines - unexpected baggage fees
- United Airlines - united airlines customer service
- Air Canada And United Airlines And Aeroplan - discriminatory and unethical behaviour
- United Airlines - I will never be flying with United again
- United Airlines - complaint submitted on July 29 was never resolved