TXU / Billing & Customer Service

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Oncor Electric reads my meter for my TXU bill. They started me out on the wrong meter number on May 1, 2009 when I set up the service at my new apt. It is almost August, and the problem gets worse every day. Today I received 2 more "corrected" bills from TXU. One stated I owe them $147.00; the other stated I had a $42.00 credit. Both bills were dated 7/27/09, and NEITHER one had my correct meter number or meter reading indicated. The customer service people are absolutely worthless...I have received at least 30 eaqmils stating my dispute would be resolved in 1-2 business days. It has now been 33 dyas since I filed my dispute!

Avaoid this company at all costs...they have absolutely no idea how to fix even a simple clerical error!

Comments

• Rb
      14th of Aug, 2009

TXU has the worst customer service ever and my online account balance is ALWYAS different from my paper bill and different again from what they say it is when I call in. They should spend less money sponsoring events and work on the operational and clerical/accounting issues. My first suggestion would be to hire customer service reps that speak English and can understand me when I have to call them...
    Or my favorite is when I call the number printed on my paper bill, wait on hold for 15 minutes and the rep tells me they are in Houston, not my service area and can not help me.
    And, then I especially love how I can't log into my TXU acct online more often than not or how my kWh usage doubled this month from what I've been using for the last three years every month and they don't think there is a mistake...

• Ab
      26th of Jul, 2010

Today my electricity was turned off. Not because I didn't make a payment, but because they posted my payment to a previous account I had with them that hasn't been active since 2007. WTF!? I have a wife and two small children at home. It's going to reach close to 100F today in Texas. My wife called the Customer Service dept to get this resolved. First off she couldn't even communicate with the Rep., and a 1/2 hr later when she finally got someone on the phone that spoke a little better, they admitted the mistake and the best they could promise is that the electricity would be turned on within the next 24hrs. This is not the first issue either. You cannot get a hold of any manager to place a complaint and I have never gotten a response from the ones I have placed online. These people are incompetent, arrogant and lazy. I will NEVER do business with them again.

Thanks...

• Dj
      22nd of Sep, 2010

I turned TXU into the Public Utilities Commission today for the second time this year. They returned a check saying that due to the number of returned items received from my mothers bank, she was now on a cash basis. The date of their letter was 09/16/2010 and the due date of the bill was 09/13/2010. They also mentioned in the letter that mailing in a money order may not avoid service interruption due to mail delivery. I sent the PUC a copy of a letter from my mothers bank stating that her account was in good standing and that there was no record of any returned items to TXU. I have found from filing previous complaints, that you get a much better response from TXU if you first file a complaint with the PUC.

• Ka
      19th of Nov, 2014

Thank you for this information. TXU has threatened to turn off my mother"s electriicity even though she made arrangements with them for the umpteenth time to pay when she got paid at the end of the same week. Some non-English speaking foreigner had the nerve to call her at work in spite of the notes in her file and demanded she pay the balance of $71.42 or risk having her lights turned off. Ive had to help her because of this and it is wearing thin. I am getting info on the PUC. Thank you again.

• Ri
      26th of Nov, 2016

.It's time for this stuff to STOP;We went with TXU because we thought they were the best as far as versatility is concerned. We paid our 300.00 deposit knowing that if we paid our bills on Time; and had a good HISTORY then we could get our Deposit back.. To Our Ignorance.. TXU told us they had an insurance product for 29.99 that covers our in Home TV etc if their is a electric spark or lightning strike. Which we said SURE WE need the coverage ...
    They added the insurance to the bill ;we paid the insurance separately on a Credit card and was told "you are good to go". Then we were told the insurance was not paid because the payment went towards the following months Bill and when we paid the following months bill we had a late charge carryover for the insurance that carried over from march Now we are in November and we find out the insurance was never paid (29.95) for the yr.and our deposit was Lost because we were late on the insurance . AT this point we feel like going Postal at TXU and walking out with our 300$ ..How crooked is That.. we are as you could guess looking for a new Provider...they can keep their 25$ Credit Card Refund Now we see how they do it..