TXU / iThermostat

1 Plano, TX, United States Review updated:

Service tech. came out to the house on Saturday 5/22/10 and replaced my thermostat. He established a connection between my computer and the iThermostat, and told me they were working on the program/main frame and it would take a couple of hours before the communication between my computer amd the iThemostate would be established and downloaded. Well, today is Monday5/24/10 and there has been no link up with my computer and the iThermostat.

Comments

• Ro
      14th of Jun, 2010

Doesn't anyone see the issue with giving TXU the reigns to cut off your air conditioner at will? We know the electricity goes off, no problem, but then how long does it take them to turn it back on? What if their cycling system malfunctions? Why add an additional breaking point to your air conditioner. Look at it at face value, they are asking you to volunteer to turn off your air conditioner when it's the hottest. How much savings do you get when you add on a hotel stay because the air conditioner is off due to cycling malfunction, or iTherm malfunction? What protects us from TXU all of sudden saying, oooo we have a special circumstance, not forcasted, yeah we are going to have to turn it off for a couple of hours on going each day?

• Te
      2nd of Sep, 2010

TXU had contractors come to my house to install the thermostat. I can control the temperature of my home from any computer anywhere in the world. I can also see a graph depicting outdoor temperature, indoor temperature and the temperature I have set on the thermostat. I can also see an estimate of how much my monthly bill will be depending on the temperature I set (either on the thermostat or on a computer).

It is optional for those with the iThermostat as to whether they want to participate in the peak load program where TXU can control your thermostat setting. Most people would not notice the change in temperature in the home or office. If you don't want to participate, you can just select on the web site not to participate.

Obviously, if your temperature is set higher during cooling season, you will save money, whether TXU is doing the setting or whether you are setting the temperature. TXU will not "cut your air conditioning off". They will be adjusting it up (in summer) and down (in winter). Your air conditioner will cycle on an off as the indoor temperature goes up (in summer) or down (in winter). Date: 2 Sept 2010

• We
      21st of Jan, 2012

Txu is receiving a bad name because of comverge (iBrighten or ithermostat). The function was great until a month fee months ago. It is a scam, the service sucks, customer service is open m-f (no holidays) 8-5 and tech support from 8-6 on the same days. But when do most consumers see an issue? In the evening or weekend.
    stay away is the best advice I will give and spend you money on a thermostat u can control.

• Ju
      21st of Aug, 2013

I had the I thermostat installed in my house what they did not tell me about was the communicator that was installed inside my furnace that controlled the voltage that turn my AC on . Needless to say that the unit failed one hot night in July leaving me in a very uncomfortable situation. I called the Ithermostat number had the guy come out he saw that it was blinking but check the wiring and restarted the unit and said it was ok . The same night the thermostat went black again the day before july 4th holiday I called them and reported the issue and they told me they would not be able to get anyone out to fix it as they were booked up !. I called a licenses AC person to see what was wrong and he found a faulty communicator in the furnace that communicates to the wall thermostat and if the communicator does not allow the proper voltage to the AC unit it will fail to come on rendering you without AC. Once he removed it and rewired the system back to it's proper state and put in a Honeywell thermostat I have not had a issue since. Ithermostat agree to pay for the AC repair and removal but have since denied any issue with the system.

31st of Aug, 2015

Brighton technician came and removed working thermostat and installed the thermostat identified from TXU, the installer lost power for the AC, went to the furnace and breaker box and couldn't decipher why he wasn't getting the thermostat to work. He advised that he needs an air condition technician to come back next day to check out problem that he caused. In the meantime, we have been left without air in the Texas heat. Called Brighton I Thermostat service number 866-733-1807 for after hours which gave instructions to leave message but didn't allow message to be processed when press 1, only received dead air. Unfortunately, will have to experience the inconvenience of no air and expect technical assistance from someone who can remove this unacceptable box and re-wire old thermostat. Totally dissatisfied with this misrepresentation suggested by TXU.

• Ha
      23rd of Apr, 2016

The new ithermostats from TXU have a larger screen, easier to read, programmable by touching the screen, very modern, very nice. All that plus, plus. But at the time of programming a schedule, using my computer and the TXU portal, I prefer the way old ithermostats worked. It was easier to move temperature setpoints and times, and seeing the schedule in a graphical way. Also the graphical report showing outside temperatures, inside temperatures, setpoints, and runtimes was very good. In short, I like the new displays, but prefer the programming of the old ithermostat. All things considered, the old ones were better, much better.

• Bi
      6th of Jun, 2016

Maybe next time that happens, pay your bill or invest in a bag of ice.

• Br
      6th of Jun, 2016
    TXU - Loss of service
    Brenda Richardson
    2023 Harrell Ave.
    Dallas
    Texas
    Phone: 2142982867

My electrical power was lost on Thursday, June 11, 2009 at approx. 6 a.m. My power was not restored until Saturday, June 13, 2009 at approx. 6p.m. Before the power outage I had gone to the grocery store and purchased approx. $200.00 in frozen and refrigerated items. All of this food was ruined due to the power outage. Any consideration given for this lost during what is already a difficult economic time would be greatly appreciated. My account number is : 114-7692-88-1.

Blessings,
    Brenda Richardson

• Sh
      8th of Dec, 2016

I am a very unhappy person!! It is freezing it is 25 degrees outside. house is geting colder and I have a digital thermostat and it froze up and when i called the company he couldnt speak to me about how to fix because i supposely cancelled the plan a year ago (remind you I do not recall cancelling it) so in order to get it fixed i called and had talked to a man i assuming he was foreigner cause his accent very hard to understand. So after thinking i had no other options i ok to letting them charge me $10 dollars a month to get service to the thermostat. and while he had me on hold to transfer to another person to set up appt. I told him i changed my mind and i didnt want to be charged monthly when i can go buy one at a store> after a few minutes the guy on the line laughed at me and i didnt think it was funny I asked to speak to him supervisor he would not let me talk to anyone i said let me talk to another agent and he kept going on and on> and when you talk to these companies they want all your info and when i ask for his name his name was freddie i said whats your last name he said he isnt allowed to give out his name but he can ask me all of my info??????? SMH there is something wrong with this i am very mad about being charge and he said ma'am we can change your plan so it wont look like I am charging you so much!!! really???? getting even madder now i will call back in the morning to get this resolved cause it wasnt like I already had the guy come to my house to set things up. I panic and now i and stuck paying this charge or i have to pay the cancellation plan ($150) it wasnt even 5 minutes into the call> so when talking to these guys be really careful to what you agree with them about or else you are screwed.

• Tx
      9th of Dec, 2016

@Sherry75 This is not the experience we want for you. Please email your account/contact info to [email protected] so we can further investigate your account details. We're here to help and look forward to working with you.