TXU Energy / Billing Scam
When I opened my business in 2008, I was required to place a 125.00 deposit on my account for two years. It was my understanding that it would be held with interest. In 2009 I signed a contract with TXU to lower my bill. When the second bill arrived and the new rate was still not applied to my account, I contacted TXU and was told that it was a "computer glitch" and it would work itself out and would apply to my account. I called every month after that and heard the same story. I finally wrote a complaint to PUC in Austin and they contacted TXU, which finally led to the account being credited. If I would not have contacted PUC in Austin, I still would be fighting that computer glitch. At the end of the two years, I shut my service off when I relocated my business to our home address. I am still fighting for my deposit which TXU denies that they owe me. They state it was applied to my last bill, but I did not have a bill since I had so much credit due to me from their overbilling. It has now been 4 months and I will have to take time out of my busy day and write PUC to get my deposit back. TXU energy is the biggest scam in electric companies. Beware!!!
More TXU Energy Complaints & Reviews
- TXU Energy - TXU is one utility to stay way far away from! 
- TXU Energy - Switched to wrong plan! 
- TXU Energy & TXU Delivery - Incredibly poor service 
- TXU Energy - Scam and cheating 
- TXU - iThermostat 
- TXU Energy Retail Company - non compliance with cust. service & questions submitted
- TXU Energy Retail Company - electric service
- [Resolved] TXU Energy Retail Company - txu a/c heat protection
- [Resolved] TXU Energy Retail Company - I received a bonus gift card, and I was unable to use it. I have tried at least 15 times to get info on their recorded line.
- [Resolved] TXU Energy - Extrem bill charges to the account