TWX Magazine / Fraud, Unauthorized Charging of Credit card

NYC, NY, United States Review updated:
This morning I got a call from my credit card company saying they had declined a $2.18 charge to my card from TWX Magazine and asked me to confirm if this was an authorized transaction. I told them it was not and I was told that the only reason it was declined was because the company did not have the expiration date on the card. It was a close shave. I have no idea how they got my credit card number but obviously I have never authorized them to charge me for anything. Why doesn't someone jail them for fraud and such obvious scams?
Na

Comments

Ca
  25th of Dec, 2008
I was checking my account to be sure I had enough to subscribe to Blue Mountain e cards so I could send out cards to friends for Christmas, when I saw a charge that I have no idea how this was done. This is who charged me: TWX*ENTERTAINMENT WKLY
800-828-6882 NY. I have not been offered any subscription. Nor have I received any magazines. I have not called anyone yet, as it is Christmas Eve. Great way to start Christmas though. At 1:32 am. No more Best Buy for me, even though I didn't buy anything there. At least not this year. And time warner? If I know it's a time warner product, unless I have NO choice, I want nothing to do with it. I hope I'm not held up to long on this. And I'll be looking for the class action suit.

TWX Magazine Logo TWX Magazine