Turkish Airlines / paid for emergency exit seat was not provided.
My son and I flew Bangkok -Istanbul - Bangkok and I had purchased a seat upgrade for both of us at approx. USD 75 per person per one way e.g. USD 300+ in total. We had no issues from Bangkok to Istanbul but at time of return the check in counter staff refused to issue the ticket (for which you had already accepted payment AND had no issues with to provide him on our first flight) because he was 16 years old and apparently the minimum age for that seat was 18 years old. My two issues I have with this are 1) why does Turkish Airlines accept the purchase if the legal age is not in compliance? And 2) why was my son allowed the fly the first leg/ flight but refused for the second?
This is completely unreasonable and I would therefore insist on reimbursement of the one flight paid seat upgrade for my son. I am disappointed in Turkish Airlines as to how this was handled. I was very upset, as was my son, that we had to be separated on the flight from Istanbul to Bangkok. I normally enjoy flying with your airline and have several flights planned for this year via Istanbul for me and the family but do now have serious concerns and feel that perhaps no care is given to your customers due to the inconsistent service provision. I expect to hear from you on a solution.
More Turkish Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Turkish Airlines - compensation for lost baggage 
- Turkish Airlines - customer relations department 
- Turkish Airlines - missing luggage 
- Turkish Airlines - lost luggage 
- Turkish Airlines - baggage lost 
- Turkish Airlines - connection flight missed due to huge security checking queue
- Turkish Airlines - in-flight passenger harassment
- Turkish Airlines - damaged trolley
- Turkish Airlines - bad service on a flight
- Turkish Airlines - refund for my ticket