Tristar Products / unauthorized charges

United States Review updated:
Tristar Products
Beware of Jack LaLannes Power Juicer scam on TV by Tristar Products Inc as they will scam you as they did me. They show and price a Classic Model PJ at a price of two easy payments of $49.90 each and an exorbitant S&H of $44.96. When the package arrives you discover that they have invoiced a Deluxe PJ and billed your credit card in the amount of $105.85 with a balance due of $59.95 as the 2nd payment. This amounts to hidden extortion. ($49.90 + $44.96 does not equal $105.85. They say that 'Deluxe' doesn't mean the Deluxe PJ when they ship out a Classic PJ model. If you pay the balance due and complain you can send it back for the same S&H. That amounts to being overcharged $18.99 plus 2-1/2 times the normal UPS charge for shipping. There are several other sites that only charge $14.95 for shipping. I've learned my lesson and will teach others to never buy anything from a TV Infomercial, especially Tristar Products Inc. My brother is a ghost writer for a popular magazine and he will help me spread the word. Always check the Internet before buying anything lest you get ripped off like I did!

N  9th of Oct, 2008 by
The title is true on two counts. I ordered the flat iron because the infomercial indicated that you would not burn your head or ears because the edges remained cool to touch... Not... then the handle became extremely hot - too hot to keep holding on to so I decided to send it back. Well that was back on 7/23/08. After speaking to a representative and waiting a long time for a return label I have still not received my refund of $139.97 less S&H. I have called the company on several occasions and they assure me that my refund will be credited to my card. So far nothing.

One month has passed since my last phone call with a representative who indicated that a refund was on its way. When I called today the recording said that the offices are closed and are opened only from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday - Friday. Well its 2 p.m. on Thursday and no answer. I think I have been had. I will wait about two more weeks or until my next statement... then I'll probably report this to the Better Business Bureau.
N  20th of May, 2009 by
people need to pay attention to what they are ordering READ BETWEEN THE LINES PEOPLE
N  2nd of Nov, 2009 by

Tristar Products - No refund
Tristar Products

They owed me $150 because i order two power juicers didn't get it they owed me a refund amount 0f 150 They giving me a hard time.
N  14th of Oct, 2010 by
Four times I have called to cancel my order - Each time promised cancellation was processed and refund would be given. Each time was a lie. In order to stop these people I had to cancel my credit card.
N  19th of May, 2011 by

Tristar Products - Not what they advertised
Tristar Products

I ordered Genie bras on March 22 and received them about May 13. They said it would be about 4 to 6 weeks. It was over 7 weeks.
I put on one of the Genie bras and wore it for a full day. By the end of the day my breasts hurt!!! I felt like someone had been hanging on them all day. There is ***NO*** SUPPORT whatsoever. I am returning them, but I see no return label in the bag they came in. There was not even a receipt in there.
N  24th of Jul, 2012 by
What you'll need to do, is find the phone number for both Value Plus and Taste For Savings (each has their own phone number, you can find them online) and call up both companies, demand that you cancel and make sure to threaten legal action or the attorney general if they don't - if you do this they'll refund all your money.

Tristar Products Logo Tristar Products