Trend Times / Terrible experience

I ordered an electric scooter from TrendTimes that was advertised as being "in-stock". I even paid extra shipping fees to expedite the order. The scooter arrived late, had been opened, was short of parts and didn't work. Many email and parts exchanges later it still didn't work. I had had enough and wanted to return it. TrendTimes confirmed the return shipping address but wouldn't accept the scooter when I sent it via UPS.

I've bought plenty on-line, but this is my first on-line purchase disappointment. I should have read the other reviews on TrendTimes first.

Va

Comments

• Da
      19th of Dec, 2011

Ordered toy for my grandson on Dec 4th. As of today Dec 19th no shipment. Phone call resulted in horrible outburst by customer service. Email on Dec 14th requested cancellation of order and refund on credit card. Request ignored. Customer service lied and said product was in stock and would ship in a couple of days. This company is ### of the earth. I am contacting the better business bureau.

30th of Dec, 2014

My experience with trend times was equally horrible. I ordered a unicycle on 12/16/14 for my granddaughter for Christmas. I paid for expedited shipping which gave a date of 12/21/14 as the latest date of arrival. The unicycle was ordered in blue, a 16" wheel height. On 12/21 I sent a friendly Email. When I got no response I decided to try again the next day; I sent 2 more Emails, the first was still very friendly, then I tried to call;I was on immediate hold for over 20 minutes when the call "disconnected". I called right back and was again on hold this time for over 1/2 hour! The 2nd Email was stern and I questioned the hold time length AND why they had not contacted me when their site says they guarantee an Email response within 24hrs. The NEXT day, now the 23rd, I sent yet another Email this time questioning why they don't follow through with their promises and again, where was the unicycle! Still nothing. The 24th I sent another Email this time telling them that I intended to report them to every consumer fraud group I could find. Finally, after several more Emails, on 12/29/14 I reported them to the Federal Trade Commission.
    On the morning of the 30th, I received a phone call, the woman's voice was shaking the whole time she talked so I'm quite sure the FTC promptly contacted trendtimes, she was still belligerent; she stated that she didn't have time to "bother" contacting me before Christmas and that she had sent an Email stating that blue unicycles were sold out and I would have to make due with yellow or silver. I told her that I had never received a single Email from trend times. I chose silver and was told I'd see it by the end of the week and without another word, she hung up. As for my purchase-I'll believe it when I see it. I certainly doubt I'll see it that quickly, if at all. Avoid shopping with trendtimes and you'll save yourself a lot of frustration.