Treadmill Doctor / Poor refund policy

We recently ordered a treadmill walking deck replacement from treadmilldoctor.com and paid for expedited costs to ensure timely delivery (costs of $24+ for shipping). The part not only did not arrive for over two weeks, treadmill doctor was slow to inform and then chose to order from another company to send our deck to us. When it arrived (over two weeks later, and our credit card had been charged since day 1), the part not only was incorrect, it was damaged.The process to replace it was insanely difficult, requiring us to take pictures of the wrong part, and then they asked if we wanted a refund or a replacement part! Of course, we asked for a refund, and found after the fact that the shipping and 15% restocking fee were removed from the costs, netting us a refund of $169 on a purchase of $225!!These practices seem certainly unfair and although it's their "Merchant Policy" in our incident, an exception should have been made considering all of our issues were based on their mistakes, not ours.

Re

Comments

• St
      13th of Oct, 2010

I ordered a replacement console overlay for my particular Nordic Track treadmill model. When I received the overlay, I installed as per the instructions which include the removal and subsequent destruction of the original one.
    Upon testing after installation, I discovered the new overlay did not work properly so I immediately contacted customers service. After many emails and sending pictures of the new and old overlays I was told that was the only overlay they had that would work on my model.
    Consider this: They never questioned whether the new overlay was damaged during shipping or installation, they knew right away that it was a design fault. A possibility that was not mentioned at any time prior to my purchase.
    They told me I had 15 days to return it for a refund.
    I explained I have a new overlay that does not work properly and the old one is destroyed. If I return this one I'll have nothing at all.
    I then asked for a partial refund explaining I should not have to pay full price for an overlay that is not fully functional.
    They told me full refund or nothing at all, so now I'm stuck having paid $149.00 to have my treadmill work even worse than before.

The Treadmill Doctor has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.