Travelocity / refund issues

I booked a flight on ATA airlines back in February to kauai. I then received a phone call in may from travelocity saying that ATA had gone bankrupt. They then said that they would refund me the flight portion of my vacation package so I could book a new one.

Turns out they did refund me the flight portion less the package discount. So I ended up paying full price fo both my hotel and flight. I called repeatedly trying to get some of my discount back and no luck! They basically told me that I paid less than what i know that I did for the flight tickets. THIS IS HOW THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY. THERE IS NO WAY OF KNOWING JUST HOW MUCH YOU PAY FOR THE ACTUAL FLIGHT TICKETS OR THE HOTEL PER NIGHT. AND I TRIED!! NO ONE IS ABLE TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH THESE PACKAGES ARE BECAUSE IT IS AGAINST THERE CONTRACT!!! SO IN THE END I AM OUT $700!!!
DO NOT USE TRAVELOCITY!!! THEY DON'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING BUT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF YOU!!!

Me

Comments

• Ta
      15th of Sep, 2008

Totally understand your frustration. Eight weeks and I am still waiting for a refund. It seems the customer service rep charged my visa debit 4 diffrent amounts for the same trip. $3200. Oh but on the bright side as a good gesture I am now the proud owner of $250 future vacation travel vouchers. You have got to be kidding

• Ka
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I also have been taken by this company.It amazes me how they can still be in business.Taking people's money, upping fees, making changes to your ticket without your knowledge only to find out on your email, half your flight has been done away with and they won't help you.They want you to repurchase a new ticket and they also say it's your fault not their's'They are horrible. Never use this company.They are committing FRAUD.They won't ever refund you either

12th of May, 2009

I booked a wonderful diving vacation in Cancun with Travelocity. The day after I arrived, I had an accident and tore my rotator cuff. Needless to say, I couldn't dive. It was the second time I tore that muscle and my doctor advised me to get back home ASAP to have it looked at. So, I came home.
    I filed all the appropriate notifications letters, physician reports, etc. to Travelocity in October 2008 upon my return. I have yet to get any action from them. I have called over 10 times in the past 6 months, spending typically 45 minutes per call on hold with them. Each time they give me excuses, contradiciting stories, tell me it will be another 30 days, they can't contact the hotel, etc. I have been on hold so long, that the phone has simply dosconnected. In my opinion, Travelocity is the worst form of decietful, lieing, dishonest busisness there is. What bothers me is that it's blatent and nothing is being done about it. In my opinion, these people should all be serving jail time. At the very least they should not be doing any form of business. To me, they make mortgage loan people and used car salesment look like saints!

• Or
      22nd of May, 2009

Where is this?

• Ud
      31st of May, 2009

I am with all of you too! My story is way too long for me to post up here but bottom line is that they ripped me off big time. Their PRICE GUARANTEE policy is just posted on their website to pursuade customers to make purchases and they make any excuse in any way they can to avoid granting the difference. PLEASE FORWARD THIS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO NEVER BOOK ANYTHING ON TRAVELOCITY!!!

• He
      15th of Jul, 2009

ATA went OUT OF BUSINESS how is that travelocity's fault????? Of coarse i can see from a consumer stand point that you are upset but when a company goes out of business then others can only try to help. You were actually lucky to get any refund since alot of people did not recieve any money from ATA after they closed up shop. thousands of people had to dispute charges with their credit card companies and still recieved nothing.