[Resolved] Travelgenio

booking misconception

Ibiza, Spain
travelgenio.com
Hello,
I just wanted to bring to your attention that as I arrived at the airport today and checked in, I was denied my flight. Upon calling (and getting disconnected and then eventually being connected to an employee who's english was impeding what I was trying to convey) I learned that I apparently never "paid" for the flight. I want to fully acknowledge that I did not indeed pay for the flight, but it was due to a highly misleading "confirmation email" that I had received from travelgenio.
In all of my flight booking experience, when I receive an email such as this which clearly stated my full information, the price of the ticket, itinerary, my credit card information that I did give (thinking the site was obviously booking at that point)... then I have always just had to go to the airport, check in, and be on my way. The fact that this email did not tell me at all that there was an additional step to book, but rather put my mind to ease that I had taken care of everything, frankly is frustrating. After speaking to your employees, they sent me this email:
"We are sorry to inform you that your payment was not confirm, as a result your booking has been cancelled. As we inform you before we send you a email on April 14th inform you make the payment by a secure link but we never received the payment."
I just want to bring to your attention that there is not a secure link within that email, nor is there any talk of me needing to still pay. I have the email saved if you would like it in the future.
Unfortunately though I explained this situation respectfully I was not received well by customer service. The first person was very apathetic towards the situation entirely and the next simply did not understand me. It seems as though this issue is going to go unresolved, but I figured I'll still write this just incase.in an ideal world, for the simple fact of the "confirmation email" causing the customer to make a very (in my opinion, that is) honest mistake due to a system flaw, I would ask for compensation for the €500 flight I was forced to pay last minute. Again, due to the lack of customer service that received me earlier I understand it probably won't happen, but I just wished to try, and can forward you all of the emails I have received over the course of this ordeal. Thank you for your time.
Anthony Spears
Booking Code 7409679

TravelgenioTravelgenio

Resolution statement

TravelGenio Customer Care's Response, Jun 19, 2017
Hi Anthony. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Spain Complaint category Airlines

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree