Trane

Home Depot
St. Lucie West Blvd.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Homedepot.com
We purchased a Trane HVAC from Home Depot(they contracted out with Advantage Air) on July 14th. It has been leaking for over 2 months and now we have water damage as well as mold. The A/C came with two defective parts. Advantage air has been out over five times and Home depot has been out twice.
We are stuck with this defective A/C and no one is taking responsibility for anything.
Home Depot told us Fri that they will take care of the water damage ONLY if we keep the defective Trane A/C from Advantage Air.
How many times does it take for a company to come out to see that the unit is broken. Just goes to show you ...once you start having problems..no one is there for you .
When you want to go higher up with the big companies...they will not give out the "real bosses" numbers. HELP
C Hogue
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances

Comments

A  19th of Dec, 2009 by    +2 Votes
I agree . . . never again on Trane and no referrals to clients. I too have had bad luck with Trane. Have been a homeowner for 45 years and never had more than $100 - 150 repair bill on a furnace and never had to replace a furnace. In 2004 I needed a new AC and decided that since my functioning furnace was 20 years old that I would replace it too, more for safety reasons than anything, and possible for efficiency. So now, 5.5 years after the new furnace was installed the circuit board goes bad and my bill, including the service call will be $578. I think that it is deplorable that an expensive piece of equipment lasts only 5 years. Now they are telling me that the new board is only warranted for 1 year and that until the new board is in, they can't tell for sure that the board is the only problem. I will be replacing another AC unit and furnace in my home in the near future and guess what? You can be sure it WILL NOT be a Trane! Since I currently have unlimited server space and a .com only costs nine dollars I am considering my own web site against Trane products.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree