[Resolved] TracFone Wireless / cheated and lied to me

TRACFONE Wireless, Inc. a subsidiary of America Movil. U.S. Patent No. 5,631,947 I have looked in my mannual, and on their official home page web site but find no address, who to contact other than the customer service number, [protected] They have purposely left off all information about themselves, officers of company or whatever. This should not be allowed.

I don't normally do this but this I feel so strongly about that I am sending some information to you.

My son gave me alittle phone called a TRAC phone, for Mother's day. It was one of those phones that you buy, and can use a pre-paid card on, and it would be good anywhere in the United States. The phone he gave me was faulty, and kept going out over and over losing the air time I had placed on it. The last time it went out, nothing could be brought up on it at all.

I called the company on three different occasions, each time it happened. Finally, the tech told me it was not normal this was happening over and over and the phone must be faulty. She told me to send the phone back and they would replace it. They did that. But...before they did, I asked several times if my minutes I had on the phone would be transferred to the new phone. I documented what she said and she said they would be. I had over three hundred units on it, and air time until Nov. Again, I asked her if all the minutes would be transferred over, she said they would.

She told me that when my old phone was sent back they would check the units remaining and add them to the new phone, within the month. Well, I called back and got another tech and he said, they have not been added yet, it would take a month. So I called back today, now they tell me they have no record of the 300 plus minutes, they show NO record of it, and cannot give them to me. I went from the tech to the supervisor and was on the phone for a long time. The minutes I paid for are gone, they will not compensate me, not even for good will. They got the money, and I have ended up wasting money and lost the time on the phone.

They claim I only had 120 units on it. I use the phone very seldom, only when I trave for emergency reasons, or directions locally. I had recently purchased a card for 250 units, and had time still left over, making the time come to over 300 units. They claimed security had to check the phone and retrieve the units on it. That they could not. I questioned that at the time, because when the phone keep going out, the techs were able to pull up the units and add them back on the phone until the next time.

This time the phone blanked out completely. She said when the replacement came back to send in the other phone and their security department would have to check it out, as she could not. It would take approx. 30 day. I sent the phone back, and waited. I never got my FULL time rolled over to the new phone. I called and was told they would take awhile longer. I called again and had a case number I kept referring to, and this time, I was told they cannot show I can over 300 units, but only 120 units. This is wrong. I feel I have been lied to, put off, and cheated. THEY GOT THE MONEY WHEN I BOUGHT THE CARD, and had time left over, and I am getting nothing for buying the card.

They suggested I buy another card and air time. What do I need to do to file an official complaint? This is the first time I have ever done this, but feel like they have cheated and lied to me.

• Resolution statement

• Janis Davis's Response, Feb 03, 2017

When I try to listen to the voicemail there is nothing there and it costs me minutes!!!

• TracFone Wireless Customer Care's Response, Sep 13, 2018

This is Alex from TracFone Wireless. I see you need help with your phone. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.

Ga

Comments

• Tr
      20th of Oct, 2009

I bought a new phone on October 13, 2009 with mobile web services on it. I activated it to start taking advanage of the mobile web service without thinking about transfering my old number to it first through the website. Well, big mistake. Not only was my old number in the system with no data services, it wouldn't allow my phone to open the web browser. So, I call Costumer Support as I a costume for when my phone starts to act up and get a new number, not on Tuesday but on Wednesday. On Thursday I try my mobile web service and it is still not working, and I have to work on my brothers phone to get his minutes transfered over to my old phone, so I can't get my phone worked on. Call again on Friday and let them know that I keep getting an error on my phone when I do try to open my mobile web browser, they told me to call back on Sunday. So, I call back on Sunday, and they tell me that their system won't bring up the screen that is needed to fix my problem, and to call back today. I call back today, and they tell me that not only can they not fix it, but that they have to have me to wait anotehr 24 to 48 hours for them to get their system to bring the data that they need forward. I feel as if they have had me to call them and wait in long lines on hold for to long. And they only have support services over the phone. Whatever happended to support over the web? Whatever happend to self help? Why can't they be bothered to get some fast computer systems that can handle the work load that they have from a day to day basis? I am tired of being told to call back. Theree has to be a better way for a company to do business over the phone.

• Gr
      21st of Jun, 2014

If it w their "customer service" weren't so aggravatingly nonexisting, it'd be funny. Most horrible experience I've had in years.

• Ve
      25th of Jul, 2014

i have been trying to get 107.69 back from them now for three months when they charged me three times for something that is fraud for scamming people for money an i called said they would give it back gave me 2 back but holy ### its like pulling teeth to get monwy back like if it was there money i am English speaking person i dont need to talk to a camel jockie

• 2v
      15th of Aug, 2018
    TracFone Wireless - Wifi

Phone randomly turns off WiFi switch when I'm away from home. Reps are generally incompetent and hard to understand but finally said they would have to do complete reset and remove all info I currently have on the phone. So I said no. Could this be a ploy to get u to burn data so u have to purchase more. Or could it be Samsung (j7) problem?

• Mz
      15th of Aug, 2018
    TracFone Wireless - My new phone
    Miami
    Florida
    Tracfone.com

My phone is still not active since 230 yesterday afternoon. The csr dept is extremely rude...have hung up on me and now I cannot even chat with them on my still inactive phone. Im discouraging people from having any contact with tracfone.

• G4
      1st of Sep, 2018
    TracFone - Straighttalk

Lost straighttalk 45 dollar card they told me to email pop.tracfone but it says server not accepting mail

• De
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    TracFone - customer service/plan

Just have to say the customer service is the worst and it is SAD that after they take your money you do NOT get what you paid for. Not gonna fight it as I wasted 2 1/2 hours on the phone with IDIOTS and it's just easier to say sayonara. GOODBYE

• Jj
      11th of Sep, 2018
    Tracfone - Airtime

Tracfone constantly deducts time based on Data Used but I never use Data.
    I called Customer Service and got a B.S. Answer, which didn't work because the Co. keeps deducting time!

11th of Sep, 2018
    TracPhone - cell phone service
    Miami
    Florida
    tracphone.com

3rd time cell phone minutes were deleted by this company. Service is horrible and tech support is no help as I expected from several websites with people posting similar complaints.

• Br
      15th of Oct, 2018
    TracFone Wireless - Deactivated and released my personal number without my permission

My wife and I were both on TracFone. She left for another carrier. I tried to retrieve her minutes on a new number. They transferred all my minutes to the new number while wiping out her minutes. To add insult, they deactivated and
    released my number (saying that it's irretrievable). My family, friends, associates
    can't find me. Need my number.

• Ac
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Tracfone - Horrible
    Acworth
    Georgia

Horrible customer service, would not refund money for service on phone that they were supposed to replace over 2 months ago. The reps are rude and unable to assist you when you call. They can not even track the package that I was told was sent two different times.
    Do not use Tracfone!!!

• La
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Tracfone - 524 minutes left---no service
    Dundalk
    Maryland
    tracfone.com

I have 524 minutes service left on my HUAWEI-U8652 android ver 2.3.6 - PHONE NUMBER 443-519-6571, SIM 89014103257629869089, SERVICE END 2019/02 I just recently added 600 minutes and now have no service. My email is yrralban@gmail.com or lbamm@verizon.net, my other phone number can be reached at 443-563-9171

• Pa
      27th of Oct, 2018
    Tracfone - safelink
    Mami, Florida
    safelink.com

I applied for safelink services through tracfone a month ago over the phone and via usps mail and got no reponse. I called tracfone corporate office and they were rude, disrepectful and hung up phone on me a number of times and did not help me at all.
    There customer service and corporate office is a joke, and are always making excuses not helping

12th of Nov, 2018
    Tracfone - Bought 90 days plan, my TracFone shows 79 days.

Today I bought 60 min/90 days. My phone shows 79 days. Please fix this.

12th of Nov, 2018
    Tracfone - repeated calls from 1-919-790-8786 go straight ti voicemail with no message
    Houston
    Texas

I get repeated calls from the above number (15 yesterday) and no one answers when I call back or when I accept the call and the name says "no name" PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP!!!

• Ra
      13th of Nov, 2018
    Tracfone - mobils iphone carrier unlock
    mogappair east
    India

this iphone i am use by india chennai tamilnadu imi no 352034066186175 iphone 5s silvar